Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you keep a weapon if you lived in bear country?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would.  I would think its the wise thing  to do.  Thoughts?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Probably- Now to qualify, other than taking a vacation, I can not imagine how I would end up in bear country. Living in bear country, the chances are slim to none and slim took the day off.
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, but I wouldn't rely on the weapon to keep me safe. Using common sense when in bear country will most likely prevent any form of encounter.

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Hell yes.
denise3680
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I would probably never live in bear country, I am more a suburb type of girl:)  I would only use it to keep me and mine safe, if ever in that situation, but people know the risk if you are going to go into their natural habitat/

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Yes but it would be bear spay and not a gun. That what we have at my hubbys tattoo shop too. Its like having pepper pray but it shoots like 15 feet.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Yes

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Reminds me of a Colorado Joke (where they tell you to wear a whistle to scare off bears and carry pepper spray)...

How can you tell if what you've just stepped in is bear poop? It contains whistles and smells like pepper spray!

Quoting trippyhippy:

Yes but it would be bear spay and not a gun. That what we have at my hubbys tattoo shop too. Its like having pepper pray but it shoots like 15 feet.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell yeah...I carry a gun in snake country!

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Bear spray is way cooler than pepper spray though. Stronger and you don't have to be close to the person/bear you are spraying.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Reminds me of a Colorado Joke (where they tell you to wear a whistle to scare off bears and carry pepper spray)...

How can you tell if what you've just stepped in is bear poop? It contains whistles and smells like pepper spray!

Quoting trippyhippy:

cupomeow
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yes. Because I would want to protect my family. I keep a gun now, but that is because I live in thieving, methhead, asshole country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)