Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Knife in the Briefcase

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

As told by reader Ann M.

ONE SUMMER day in Southampton, New York, a woman pulled into a gas station. As the attendant pumped gas, the woman told him she was in a hurry to pick up her daughter, who had just finished an art class in East Hampton.

A very-well-dressed man walked over to her car and started talking to her. He explained that his rental car had died, and he needed a ride to East Hampton for an appointment. She said she would be happy to give him a ride. He put his briefcase in the backseat and said he was going to the men's room quickly.

The woman looked at her watch and suddenly panicked. She drove off quickly, having forgotten that the man was coming back to the car for a ride.

She thought nothing of him again until she and her daughter pulled into their driveway. She saw his briefcase and realized she had forgotten him! She opened the briefcase looking for some form of identification so she could notify him about his belongings. Inside she found nothing but a knife and a roll of duct tape!

SOURCE

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Ah, I had a feeling it was an urban legend.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

Ah, I had a feeling it was an urban legend.

yeah.. :3

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Oh that'd be freaky it it were real.

lga1965
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM
That reminds me of the story about the guy with a hook instead of a hand who terrorized teens who were "parking".
Really old one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN