Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Has Anyone Ever Touched Your Infant/Child S/O of S/O of S/O

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 53 Replies

Poll

Question: Has your infant/child been touched without your permission in anyway?

Options:

Yes

No

Other. I will explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

Without asking you first? For any reason? Including discipline?

When my children were infants complete strangers could come over to my cart in the stores and try to talk to my babies and touch them. It completely creeped me out. I also had an incident when one of my husbands cousins wife smacked my then 3 yr olds hand(long story). Needless to say that did not go over well.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:41 PM

People were always all over my son. He was pretty cute. I wasn't weirded out by it. Mainly because I sorta do the same thing. 

littlesippycup
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yes, but I didn't mind. I didn't mind my belly getting rubbed. I didn't mind sweet little old people wanting to play with my babies. I encourage it. We also live in a small town so it's just a lot more relaxed and you run into the same people often. If I lived in an urban area, I might be less friendly.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quoting mehamil1:

People were always all over my son. He was pretty cute. I wasn't weirded out by it. Mainly because I sorta do the same thing. 

You touch other peoples infants without asking?! Really?

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

the first one was a woman who was trying to annoint children on ash wednesday in front of a grocery store .... she was doing it to almost every child.. they had to force her to leave

In Hawaii, some of the older generation from China and Japan would come up and pat him on the head, telling me how handsome he is. They always spoke to me and never tried to hand him anything, so I was all right with that

punky3175
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I think I give off a really good "fuck off" vibe and people tend to stay away from me and my kids.  I know people got close to the kids when they were infants, but I can't remember any specific instances of people touching them (the kids are both teenagers now.)

LilRed2130
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Yes when ds was a baby and now (ds is 4) it ticked me off then and it still does. The little old ladies normally don't bother me but anyone else its just creepy and inappropriate. Though now my ds will tell then to not to touch him before I do...God I love that kid lol
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

My daughter is extremely outspoken. I can only imagine what she might have said to someone trying to do this to her, or her little brother for that matter.

Quoting Sekirei:

the first one was a woman who was trying to annoint children on ash wednesday in front of a grocery store .... she was doing it to almost every child.. they had to force her to leave

In Hawaii, some of the older generation from China and Japan would come up and pat him on the head, telling me how handsome he is. They always spoke to me and never tried to hand him anything, so I was all right with that

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I really hated to be like that but I had to start adopting that vibe also. I got so sick of strangers thinking it was ok to touch or breathe on my infants.

Quoting punky3175:

I think I give off a really good "fuck off" vibe and people tend to stay away from me and my kids.  I know people got close to the kids when they were infants, but I can't remember any specific instances of people touching them (the kids are both teenagers now.)

EntrepeneurMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM
A lady in the library put lotion on ds without asking me.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Quoting LilRed2130:

Yes when ds was a baby and now (ds is 4) it ticked me off then and it still does. The little old ladies normally don't bother me but anyone else its just creepy and inappropriate. Though now my ds will tell then to not to touch him before I do...God I love that kid lol

Lol. Love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)