Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do Marilyn Monroe, Superman, Bill Clinton and Snooki(aka Jersey Shore) all have in Common?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: Where you surprised (even a little) by this list of Famous people who are also Adoptees?

Options:

Yes! Who knew?!

No! I don't live under a rock-gesh!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

Sorry it's not "clicky"

23 Famous People You Didn't Know Were Adopted - BuzzFeed

www.buzzfeed.com/.../famous-people-you-didnt-know-were-adopted
Jun 17, 2013 - Other than Superman, what other famous figures were adopted? ..

(edited for the grammar police)
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Is this supposed to make a difference in how we view them?  Is there a point to this?

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I really couldn't care less about how you view any one person(meant in the least snarky way possible lol)

I just thought it was a fun fact.

That plus- a positive spin on adoption (since I AM so anti-adoption and all; wink-wink).  

Quoting candlegal:

Is this supposed to make a difference in how we view them?  Is there a point to this?

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

That's interesting! Thanks!

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I remember in the first Superman movie when the kindly older couple stopped by the side of the road and found the toddler, Superman.Brought him home, named him Clark. Cool movie.

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I know it isn't snarky, just thought I would ask.    I am way on the other end of the spectrum, very pro adoption.

and yes, it is a fun fact   :)

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I really couldn't care less about how you view any one person(meant in the least snarky way possible lol)

That plus- a positive spin on adoption (since I AM so anti-adoption and all; wink-wink).  

Quoting candlegal:

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM

BTW, I thought the Superman adoption was fabulous.   He turned out to be such a manly man.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quoting candlegal:

You have a negative view of adoptees?
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

So fun that your first response was rude ? mmk...

Quoting candlegal:

I know it isn't snarky, just thought I would ask.    I am way on the other end of the spectrum, very pro adoption.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting candlegal:

candlegal
by Judy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

What do you care, you are rude most of the time.   That was between op and myself.   WE sometimes jest back and forth.   I don't really care what you think.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

So fun that your first response was rude ? mmk...

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting candlegal:

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

nice facts to know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured