Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

stepping out on faith

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

SO,I decide to step out on faith.I was thinking what can I do for fun and provide for me and the kids.Okay, my preschooler needs lots of attention,My girls are in there own world and Mom is thinking .I like make up,I love people and I love helping.I decide to try Mary Kay out.This stay at home Mom is now a independent beauty ad visor.I praying God take the wheel.lol Im doing a Moms free facial and make up matching party with music and popcorn.we shall see the preschooler says..lol

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  I remember Mary Kay had a bright purple shadow I loved!

LuvmyAiden
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck and way to go for taking a step in the right direction for you and your family!

kaffedrikke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you will succeed.
muslimah
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by stepping into faith. I also am not understanding why it matters what your pre schooler having to say matters when it comes to you having the facial party. She/he is a kid, you are the parent. I'm old school and was raised myself and also parented old school which means a kid stays in a kids place. Moms deserve to have adult lives, friends, interest, and friends of their own too.

I always made sure and still do at the age of 16 made sure that I always came with fun things for my daughter as much as possible and I always put her needs before mine but I still made sure I had a life  of my own and also did what I wanted to in having my adult fun and never let being mom stand in the way of that.

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

Momof3667
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Thanks Ladys...

Momof3667
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

They have so many new items.its exciting Thanks..

mlomax07
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the sisterhood of Mary Kay...it is important that you approach your new opportunitiy as a business, and you will be successful...Attend your weekly new consultant training...ask questions, and network with other successful consultants...follow your business plan, and you cant go wrong!!!  Pick an inventory amount that you feel most comfortable with, dont let anyone persuade you to invest more than you can afford, including your director...if you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me via email at mlomax07@yahoo.com...i am a senior independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics...and i truly believe in enriching womens lives!!!

what you need to do is let everyone around you know that you are a mk beauty consultant, and you are looking to grow your business...hand out your business card every where that you go and exchange money...wear your mary kay pin every where that you go...get in contact with local day care centers, church groups mommy and me programs,,,offer to provide pampering sessions for the employees as a thank you...have a table where they can register to win a gift basket...get in contact with local bridal consultants...offer to partner with them and provide a complimentary pampering session to the bride to be along with their wedding parties...go to the local hospital...offer to set up a table in the nurses lounge...have the nurses register to win a free gift basket and complimentary pampering session...ask the hospital administration if you can include your business card along with a discount coupon for items purchased in the "new mommies" bag that they give to new mommies...get in contact with the local elementary junior and senior high school...offer to give the teachers goodie bags filled with samples, and also have a table in the teachers lounge...keep an eye out for local vending ventures...churches will be having holiday bazaars soon...get in contact with the local welcome wagon for your neighborhood...offer to place a flier in the packet, offering your services as a local beauty consultant...get in contact with local real estate companies...offer a complimentary welcome home gift basket to all people who purchase homes...get in contact with local leasing offices for local apartment complexes...offer a pampering session for the residents...get in contact with local girl scout groups, and cheerleading groups in the area...offer a "mommy and daughter"facial session...you can make cute facial boxes, or buy official ones from our website..place them in local cleaners, restaurants, fitness gyms...any and everyplace that customers go...you should log onto u n i t n e t. c o m for additional information...any of the directors or national directors have great websites with alot of information...any other questions...please feel free to send me an email,,,i will be happy to respond...keep your head up, and stay encouraged!!!

prverbs31woman

LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
muslimah
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Momof3667:

They have so many new items.its exciting Thanks..

Good you deserve to have some excitement without having to play the mom role all the time. I hope it works out for you. Some people have a real talent at sales and can be very successful at it. Me I don't have that talent of the gift of gab that it takes to be good sales person.

good luck.

muslimah
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quoting mlomax07:

Welcome to the sisterhood of Mary Kay...it is important that you approach your new opportunitiy as a business, and you will be successful...Attend your weekly new consultant training...ask questions, and network with other successful consultants...follow your business plan, and you cant go wrong!!!  Pick an inventory amount that you feel most comfortable with, dont let anyone persuade you to invest more than you can afford, including your director...if you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact me via email at mlomax07@yahoo.com...i am a senior independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics...and i truly believe in enriching womens lives!!!

what you need to do is let everyone around you know that you are a mk beauty consultant, and you are looking to grow your business...hand out your business card every where that you go and exchange money...wear your mary kay pin every where that you go...get in contact with local day care centers, church groups mommy and me programs,,,offer to provide pampering sessions for the employees as a thank you...have a table where they can register to win a gift basket...get in contact with local bridal consultants...offer to partner with them and provide a complimentary pampering session to the bride to be along with their wedding parties...go to the local hospital...offer to set up a table in the nurses lounge...have the nurses register to win a free gift basket and complimentary pampering session...ask the hospital administration if you can include your business card along with a discount coupon for items purchased in the "new mommies" bag that they give to new mommies...get in contact with the local elementary junior and senior high school...offer to give the teachers goodie bags filled with samples, and also have a table in the teachers lounge...keep an eye out for local vending ventures...churches will be having holiday bazaars soon...get in contact with the local welcome wagon for your neighborhood...offer to place a flier in the packet, offering your services as a local beauty consultant...get in contact with local real estate companies...offer a complimentary welcome home gift basket to all people who purchase homes...get in contact with local leasing offices for local apartment complexes...offer a pampering session for the residents...get in contact with local girl scout groups, and cheerleading groups in the area...offer a "mommy and daughter"facial session...you can make cute facial boxes, or buy official ones from our website..place them in local cleaners, restaurants, fitness gyms...any and everyplace that customers go...you should log onto u n i t n e t. c o m for additional information...any of the directors or national directors have great websites with alot of information...any other questions...please feel free to send me an email,,,i will be happy to respond...keep your head up, and stay encouraged!!!

prverbs31woman

Sounds like you what you are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)