Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ques. for homeschoolers and those who don't vaccinate, ETA

Posted by   + Show Post

just curious....

If you homeschool and/or don't vaccinate:

Do you find yourself in any way avoided or excluded from family gatherings at times or all times by extended family members?

Do you think this is due to your lifestyle choices?

ETA: Thank you everyone! Your comments turned out to be interesting and informative.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
schultzal
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No. We don't discuss every detail of our child's health with everyone.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

No we are not excluded from family gathering ever. They all agree with our choices. We don't vax  and we homeschool our youngest and our oldest goes to school. 

bellaa90
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

We are expectin our first baby boy in February and we aren't vaccinating.  Hubby's family knows and they don't care, they think vaccines are bad anyways. My family on the other hand do not know, and honestly they don't need to know whether or not we vaccinate or anything for that matter. 

jmaw89
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM
We've never felt excluded. I honestly don't know if they know we don't vax.
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

How would family even know you weren't vaxing?? I vax but I can't say my family has ever asked me if I did.

ripemango
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM

We homeschool. I have never been excluded for that reason.

We chose to not see non-vaxing cousins for the first year of my daughter's life.

(side note: there were some extenuating circumstances w my daughter during her 1st yr)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

angelmom224
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM

nope my kids are never excluded by family. they dont care about what choices we make. they support us no matter what. 

lga1965
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Good question. I will be interested in the answers.

I don't know anyone who homeschools or won't have their children vaccinated.

BobKitten13
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Nope. I do not home school though. But she was has only gotten her baby shots. She hasnt gotten anymore since she turned 2. None of our families are like that. They understand why i am this way but some just dont agree. Thats fine. I dont tell her firends or anything unless its a topic we are just expressing interest in.
lga1965
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I am always curious how it is that people say they vaccinate? Do you have the syringe and the serum in your hand and inject it yourself?> Of course not. But to vaccinate is the action of injecting a child.....!See....I don't vaccinate. I let the Pediatrics office inject my kids with it.They do the vaccinating.

Do you see what I am saying? I think this is a grammar issue....or something funny going on. Anyway,it sounds weird to say you do or don't vaccinate.....

oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)