Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ques. for homeschoolers and those who don't vaccinate, ETA

Posted by   + Show Post

just curious....

If you homeschool and/or don't vaccinate:

Do you find yourself in any way avoided or excluded from family gatherings at times or all times by extended family members?

Do you think this is due to your lifestyle choices?

ETA: Thank you everyone! Your comments turned out to be interesting and informative.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (231-232):
foxfroggy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM
It's not rude but rather sensible to exclude arrogant idiots who put their own children and others at risk by not vaccinating.
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Ok, now I'm gonna be kinda irritated but please don't take it too personally....

I'm just really sick of hearing that. So many people say the same thing you do...so I'm gonna rant a bit for the benefit of everyone that says or would say that.

First of all, parents who choose not to vaccinate -whether you agree or not- believe that the information doctors have is one-sided and that despite what mainstream medicine says, they believe that this is harmful to their child(ren).

Secondly, there are many children who are just flat-out allergic to some of the components of the vaccinations. i have a child who is allergic, I know someone else who has a child that is allergic to something else.

The notion that every parent must do with their children things that are for the common good, irrespective of the individual child, really irks me.

the notion that fulfilling your obligation to your child and your child's health as best you discern, and that in doing that you are somehow being irresponsible and harmful to society is so wrong, and so unAmerican it's ludicrous.

We aren't China. We aren't North Korea. We aren't Russia. We don't make people do things that are good for the whole of society. We allow people to make individual decisions that are good for them, and they, comprising society, and doing their due diligence to themselves and their children, should make society good.

Furthermore, if the vaccines were doing the job these are set out to do, and one believes in it, then one should not be worried if another child is unvaccinated.

But many times people have this IRRATIONAL fear that even though their children are vaccinated, they will start seeing the unvaccinated drop like flies or something, or what they are thinking I don't know.

Actually, those who don't vaccinate should be mad at those who do, especially when you talk about the flu shot.

After all, those who get the flu shot are not giving their bodies a chance to build any kind of immunity to whatever strain they are being vaccinated for, and then when the thing mutates, which we are inevitably told it can, pharmaceutical companies are compelled to sell a newer, stronger med.

At some point the flu will probably become impervious to preventative treatment, like cockroaches that eventually become impervious to various insecticides.

You people are screwing up the gene pool and making humans weak and unable to defend illnesses by relying so heavilly on your neurotoxins that simultaenously, for the short term, cause assured maladies and side affects.

It's not my job to make sure your kids don't get sick. It's my job to make sure mine don't.

Quoting foxfroggy:

It's not rude but rather sensible to exclude arrogant idiots who put their own children and others at risk by not vaccinating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)