Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ques. for homeschoolers and those who don't vaccinate, ETA

Posted by   + Show Post

just curious....

If you homeschool and/or don't vaccinate:

Do you find yourself in any way avoided or excluded from family gatherings at times or all times by extended family members?

Do you think this is due to your lifestyle choices?

ETA: Thank you everyone! Your comments turned out to be interesting and informative.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
LillyJDv3.0
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Our son is no longer vaxxed and we never get excluded, although it's also not typically information we volunteer just like we didn't volunteer his vaccination status before his reaction to them.

CafeMom Tickers
VarelaClan
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I homeschool and quit vaccinating my kids after one had a reaction.

No, I'm never excluded from anything. People ask me to put things together for gatherings and outings. Heck right now, my family is begging us to go visit for Christmas.

Linagma03
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I homeschooled and never got any kind of shunning from anyone.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I have never been asked by my family nor have I volunteered information, it's simply never come up.

QueenAtargatis
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM
We homeschool and selectively vaccinate. We've never been treated any differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookietooth
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM

We are avoided by family, but has more to do with money -- we have less because I am staying home to homeschool, and therefore can't spare any to support my mother-in-law. It makes the rest of the family on my husband's side say we are selfish.

grnhsegoddess
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I don't vac AND were atheists...and no, no one cares.and if they did care I guess we just won them over with our incredible wit and charm before they mentioned it :)
Schauseil
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM
My family doesn't concern themselves with what vaccines my son does or doesn't have.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting furbabymum:

How would family even know you weren't vaxing?? I vax but I can't say my family has ever asked me if I did.

This was my thought, as well.

While I will NEVER allow the flu shot for my daughter, or myself for that matter, and I am more selective now versus in the past, it really is not the business of any one in my family........or my friends. *shrug*

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Quoting Schauseil:

My family doesn't concern themselves with what vaccines my son does or doesn't have.

Wow!  I have not 'seen' you in a long time! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN