Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ques. for homeschoolers and those who don't vaccinate, ETA

Posted by   + Show Post

just curious....

If you homeschool and/or don't vaccinate:

Do you find yourself in any way avoided or excluded from family gatherings at times or all times by extended family members?

Do you think this is due to your lifestyle choices?

ETA: Thank you everyone! Your comments turned out to be interesting and informative.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
Schauseil
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
:) I've been around. Not quite as much though, college this semester is kicking my ass. Of course it doesn't help that I am currently on CM mobile and not paying a bit of attention to my chem lab lecture.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Schauseil:

My family doesn't concern themselves with what vaccines my son does or doesn't have.

Wow!  I have not 'seen' you in a long time! ;)

Mandallyn
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
I homeschool, we do vaccinate, and no.
mysticatgal
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I have heard of it but my family knows information so everyone vax. If someone didn't they would be left out if a new baby was born or events with babies.
danie24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

We don't vaccinate.

My 8 year old daughter had her first 6 months worth of shots and then my sister's baby had a severe reaction to the MMR vaccine at 18 months.

She went from being a happy, energetic, talkative, bright and funny toddler to completely frustrated, non verbal, no eye contact and living in a fog.

I use to be blindly pro-vaccine until I saw what happened to Frankie. I stopped vaccinated my daughter and my husband and I (and my sister and her husband) started our long road of research, studying peer reviewed journals, talking to doctors, talking to parents with vaccine injured children, studying the history of vaccines, learning about VAERS and the National Vaccine Compensation Program and so much more.. until we got to the point where we decided we will never vaccinate her again.

Then we had two more children. Both boys.. 6 years old and 17 months old.

Neither of them had any vaccines.

My sister had more children and they are also not vaccinated.

We also have friends and other family members who either happened to already not vaccinate and those who have learned right along with us and decided against vaccinating, too.

So we have never been excluded from anything, ever.

pbjbarr
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM
It's only a vaccination. I would hope if the child who wasn't vaccinated would not be going anywhere where there are other children if that child had the flu or chicken pox!
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I homeschool one child out of three, but I do vaccinate.

You said "and/or", so I assume I can answer, lol.

No, I do not find myself excluded. My family has been very supportive. They may not understand something, but their questions are simply that - questions - and I take no offense to them.

ETA: I'm not sure we're going back to co-op. I noticed in our e-mail loop that we have several anti-vaxers and we have a child with a compromised immune system; while it is better, due to the nature of his defects and medical issues, it could be very dangerous for him to catch something that perhaps he hasn't yet been vaxed for (or take the chance that the vax didn't fully *work*). It's a risk I need to look more into.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

BEXi
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM
3 moms liked this

When they first found out my sisters went ape shit. One sister told me "good luck putting your kids in school!" LOL. The other said that she didnt want my children around her child anymore. I guess she doesnt have much faith in the vaccinations to begin with.

Serenity8310
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Havent been excluded from anything if any thing vaccinated people are more dangerous then we are they might not get sick but it doesnt mean they dont carry the virus on the other hand im tired of the cootie game theres a thing called homeoprophalaxis for us non vaxers and way better then all the crap they put into the mainstream to "preserve" the vials
Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't allow any members of our extended families to enter our home if they do not vaccinate.

As for homeschooling, it has been proven time and time again that children who are home-schooled grow up to be social misfits who cannot adapt to society as it is, and to what it will be in the near future. Also most home-schooled adults have had religion crammed into their brains so often and for so many years that by the time they reach adulthood & enter the workforce, they have no idea of what is real or what is not real, which in turn earns them the label, weirdo, geek, idiot, hick, hillbilly, inbreed, etc. & they soon become the socially shunned.

I also don't agree with homeschooling parents being permitted to use any public school facilities for their childrens physical activities. If you refuse to send your children to public school for anything other than a major disability/ health issue,  you have no right to use any part of any public school.

NavyMomNan
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Attention those who dont vaccinate. There is a polio epidemic in the Middle East and its bound to come this way. I suggest you Google how horrendous polio is. If it doenst kill you it can leave you paralized for life. And if your chest gets paralized you cant breath. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN