Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bad situation right now (Edit media black out) Constant up dates.. up date Friday morning

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

In Gaza, east of Khan Younis has been under non stop attack by the israelis since yesterday which was last night for them and now Friday morning. They are 7 hours a head of eastern time. israel does not even have a target they are just dropping bombs every where and every where you see and hear drones. My friend told me that no one could even sleep last night from the sound of all the drones over head. Just in the last couple hours 4 civilians from one neighborhood have been murdered and the the death toll is sure to rise because the bombs are just coming with out even having a target. This is expected to turn into an all out war.

I will try to find an article in English.

Edit... There seems to be a media black out. The israleis are attacking journalist and foreign reporters. I can't find anything in English and not much of anything informational in Arabic right now. I have even searched through several Arabic TV channels and very little... nothing informational.

At this point I am just relying on up dates from personal contacts and friends. The latest up date that just came out is that Friday prayer is about to start and they can't believe they made it through the night to attend.

I will keep tying to find some accurate information. This is expected to escalate into something really big so israel wont be able to block the media for too long.

Still no news just an update

GAZA UNDER ATTACK 11\1\2013 - At least, 4 Palestinian martyrs in several Israeli occupation attacks on East Khanyounis city - middle Gaza, The attack that started with shelling and targeting groups of resistance fighters, ended with clashes with the Palestinian resistance during an Israeli tank's incursion in the area.
The Israeli tanks and bulldozers left the area at 8AM Gaza time - 6GMT after killing 3 resistance fighters from Al-Qassam brigades that were protecting the area.
Names of all of the Palestinian martyrs in this latest Israeli escalation :
1- Rabea' Baraka ...

2- Khalid Abu-Bakrah
3- Mohammed Qassas
4- Mohammed AbuDahoud
Another 6 injuries arrived to the hospitals along side the martyrs, And unconfirmed news about a 5th martyr in the area.
Israeli drones and warplanes still flying over the Gaza strip.
The Palestinian police evacuated all of their sites and offices.
Will keep you updated - Stay safe Gaza - Noor Harazeen

UPDATE GAZA

I'm reading there is no electricity now in Gaza. Don't know when updates from Gaza will come in by. Please remember the people of Gaza.

UPDATE within the last little over an hour the isralis started bombing civilians farms and orchards.

Friday... First I want to explain to some of you because from your replies it sounds like some of you think I am palestinian. I am not. Most my family and the family I identify most is Iraqi and on the other side I have some Egyptia family who i am not as close with. So my family is alive and well but thank yoou for the kind words anyways. most of my friendships and contacts are through organkizations. I used to be very active which often times required contact with mostly people in Gaza ans some in the West bank. I developed friendships with allot of people and have kept in touch with them over the years. I just woke up late I tried to call some friends early this morning but of course as I thought I could not get through. I have only been up a minute and have not had a chance to check any messages or chesk the Arabic news yet which I am going to do in a minute. I did find this article and not checking my messages yet for first hand accounts I don't know how acurate this is but I will post it. If I find something more informative I may change it.

According to this article and depending on it's accurate which it's source is known as accurate this does sound like it is going to be bad and the U.S.A. may very well be dragged into it and there is allot of blame towards the U.S.A.

Israel is preparing for a new, "even fiercer" war against the people of the Gaza Strip, claims a senior Hamas official, and the preparations have exposed "US hypocrisy" yet again. Political Bureau member Dr Mousa Abu Marzook played down the significance of the threats made by the Israeli occupation forces against the resistance in general and Hamas in particular. Such threats, he insisted, will not divert the resistance movement from its path, which will be faithful to the blood of the Palestinian martyrs. Noting Western and US double-standards, he pointed out that the Israelis filed a complaint against Hamas at the UN Security Council just a couple of days after Israeli bombers struck again at civilian targets in the Gaza Strip. The US Ambassador to Israel visited the tunnel discovered by the Israelis," said Abu Marzook, "after which, very hypocrically, he too threw accusations and threats against Hamas." No mention was made by the ambassador about the siege and Israel's brutal military occupation and incursions. "These developments coincide with the arbitrary summonses to security centres, break-ins, searches and arrests of journalists, members of parliament and student activists," he said. "They are also taking place as Israel prepares for another extensive war against the Gaza Strip, a war that will be fiercer than those it has waged previously against our people." The Zionists and the media they control are very happy about such events, he added, with the Israeli propaganda machine feeding the beast with a stream of false information. "Notwithstanding all of this," said Abu Marzook, "Hamas will remain a Palestinian national resistance movement and will not stray from its strategy to seek the end of the Israeli - See more at: http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/8072-preparations-for-new-israeli-war-against-gaza-expose-us-hypocrisy#sthash.qCfGi5Fx.dpuf

Translation) Three Norwegian citizens and corporate injured, and dozens suffocated with tear gas , on Friday , during the suppression of the Israeli occupation forces to march Bil'in weekly anti - settlement and the apartheid wall .

According to a local source that the Israeli soldiers fired rubber-coated metal and stun grenades and tear gas towards the participants upon their arrival in the liberated territories near the site of the establishment of the apartheid wall , which led to the injury of citizens Ahmed Bernat (20 years) bullet type ' Toto ' leg right move on evacuated to a compound Palestine Medical , Iyad Bernat (40 years) by a rubber bullet in the thigh , and hilarious Bernat (36 years) by a rubber bullet in the back , in addition to the injury of corporate Norwegian (30 years) in the leg, and scores of citizens and peace activists Israelis and solidarity foreigners suffocation with tear gas

The marchers raising Palestinian flags , and roamed the streets of the village chanting slogans calling for national unity and resistance against the occupation and the release of all prisoners and freedom for Palestine .

The effective today comes mark prisoners editors , on the occasion of the 96 th anniversary of the infamous Balfour Declaration .

أصيب ثلاثة مواطنين ومتضامنة نرويجية بجروح، والعشرات بالاختناق بالغاز المسيل للدموع، اليوم الجمعة، خلال قمع قوات الاحتلال الاسرائيلي لمسيرة  بلعين الأسبوعية المناوئة للاستيطان وجدار الفصل العنصري.

وأفاد مصدر محلي بأن جنود الاحتلال أطلقوا الرصاص المعدني المغلف بالمطاط وقنابل الصوت والغاز المسيل للدموع باتجاه المشاركين عند وصولهم إلى الأراضي المحررة  بالقرب من موقع اقامة الجدار العنصري، ما أدى إلى إصابة المواطنين أحمد برناط (20عاما) برصاصة من نوع 'توتو' بالساق الأيمن نقل على إثرها الى مجمع فلسطين الطبي، وإياد برناط (40 عاما) برصاصة مطاطية في الفخذ، وفرحان برناط (36عاما) برصاصة مطاطية في الظهر، إضافة الى اصابة متضامنة نرويجية (30عاما) في الساق، وعشرات المواطنين ونشطاء سلام إسرائيليين ومتضامنون أجانب بحالات اختناق بالغاز المسيل للدموع.

ورفع المشاركون في المسيرة الأعلام الفلسطينية، وجابوا شوارع القرية وهم يرددون الهتافات الداعية إلى الوحدة الوطنية، ومقاومة الاحتلال وإطلاق سراح جميع الأسرى والحرية لفلسطين.

وتأتي فعالية اليوم احتفاء بالأسرى المحررين، ولمناسبة الذكرى السنوية الـ96 لصدور وعد بلفور المشؤوم. (original http://www.raya.ps/ar/news/842091.html

أ

Subhan Allah ( سبحان الله )"Glory be to Allah"
 Alhamdulillah ( الحمدللہ )"All Praise to Allah"
 Allahu Akbar ( الله اكبر )"Allah is the Greatest"

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimah
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM

For Mohammad Al qassas and Mohammad Dawood

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji oon Allaahumma jurni fee museebatee wa akhliflee khakran

We are from Allah and unto Him we return . Oh Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.

mishamama
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
:(
mishamama
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Allah yir7amhum. :(

Quoting muslimah:

For Mohammad Al qassas and Mohammad Dawood

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji oon Allaahumma jurni fee museebatee wa akhliflee khakran

We are from Allah and unto Him we return . Oh Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:33 AM
4 moms liked this
I do not pretend to know what is going on, or learned enough to make a comment on the conflict, but I pray for everyone's safety, and that no one is hurt or killed.
muslimah
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Quoting billsfan1104:

I do not pretend to know what is going on, or learned enough to make a comment on the conflict, but I pray for everyone's safety, and that no one is hurt or killed.

They already have been hurt and killed. keep praying. I have friends that are like family to me livingg through this and 2 of my friends above have already been killed along with 2 other Palestinians one a women thatis friends of my friends . 5 israelis have also been killed but brought that on their self. iI won't shed a tear.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I very sorry for your loss and the families loss.
I hate that all this conflict is going on. It doesn't help that people have been hurt or killed, because the anger is continuing. And just goes round and round

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting billsfan1104:

They already have been hurt and killed. keep praying. I have friends that are like family to me livingg through this and 2 of my friends above have already been killed along with 2 other Palestinians one a women thatis friends of my friends . 5 israelis have also been killed but brought that on their self. iI won't shed a tear.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM

It's a crazy, crazy world and getting worse.

Mommabearbergh
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow thanks for the updates
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for any loss during a conflict.

IQuoting muslimah:

Quoting billsfan1104:

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

That....damn....it just sucks.  I'm so sorry....I can't imagine the pain and fear you must be feeling now

I hate violence as a means to an end.  We have these wondrous magical brains that can do all kind of fantastical things including the ability to express complicated thoughts, the ability to keep our emotions in control rather than the other way around, most importantly the ability to empathize and compromise....to understand that we are all more the same than different.   What is it about men that makes it so easy to justify war?

We all need food and water, shelter, security, joy and love.  We all want the same things for our children and feel pain and resentment and even hatred when a certain amount of hopelessness sets in and people don't see a way out for themselves or their children.   How do we not see how we are all fundamentally the same? 

How the hell is it that we still do this to each other??

I have always had a supremely hard time with humanity's seemingly easy ability to dehumanize and will never be able to fathom the futility of it all, the stupidity of some of the awful choices we make.

Sorry for the rant.....I just feel so helpless and its hard to see the suffering caused when its utterly unnecessary.  I hope things end quickly with as few casualties as possible.  It breaks my heart.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)