Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Neutral Restrooms

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 141 Replies
2 moms liked this

Are now a requirement in city-owned buildings in Philadelphia! All new and and renovated city owned buildings are required to have men, women, and gender neutral restrooms. It is part of making Philly one of the most LGBT friendly cities in the world.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/LGBT-Gender-Neutral-Restrooms-206932591.html

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I guess that is awesome.
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Because where we pee and shit is so very important..

leksismommy
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok, cool. I'll be going to those when there is a huge line in the womens restroom

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this
didn't those used to be called "unisex" or family restrooms?
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally I think they should just make restrooms like those in our parks and outside public areas...they are gender neutral with no additions.

Government buildings are going to mens, womens, mothers, disabled and now gender neutral.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Meh ~ it may be great for a very few people, but imo it's both a waste of money, and a way to make most of the straight population uncomfortable. If the early reports coming out of CA are at all an indication, the saddest thing is that they put children at risk from predators, as well as women. I'll pass ... and I suppose just be glad I have no plans to travel to, or through Philly in the near future.

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quoting VinVanMom:

You should see how some posters on here react when a story comes up of a transgender woman using the lady's restroom. 

Not to mention the threat of violence transgender individuals might face in real life for using the "wrong" facilities.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

So let's spend millions refitting the whole USA. People who choose to discriminate will do so in any situation. What about dressing rooms in stores? Locker rooms? Spas? Where does it end?

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting VinVanMom:

You should see how some posters on here react when a story comes up of a transgender woman using the lady's restroom. 

Not to mention the threat of violence transgender individuals might face in real life for using the "wrong" facilities.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Why can't ALL restrooms be gender neutral?

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Because women are delicate creatures that need to be protected and men are just pigs who would only think of sex.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Why can't ALL restrooms be gender neutral?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured