Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Liberals QUESTION

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 87 Replies
2 moms liked this

So liberals believe that government shouldn't tell a woman what to do with her body (I.e. abortion) but they want to tell you what kind of health insurance you MUST have. I just don't understand this. Can someone explain it to me?  

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
14 moms liked this

Conservatives want less/no government involvement in your personal life but want control over a woman's uterus. It is what it is because that is what the two sides believe. 

FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
8 moms liked this

well, i don't know enough about the ACA to comment, but i have a question for conservatives. If they believe in freedom, why do they tend to be against gay marriage and pot legalization? shouldn't it be our choice? Should the government be telling us who to love, and what to put in our bodies? I have tried to get my tea party mom to answer, but it always gets tangled up in religion for her. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't care what kind of insurance you get

I don't know any responsible person that doesn't want medical insurance but I do know many that cannot afford it

Unless you think hospitals should be able to turn away patients without insurance.....than you agree with it also....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Most people on both sides oppose the ACA the way it is written, even liberals.

LucylucyM
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Conservatives want less/no government involvement in your personal life but want control over a woman's uterus. It is what it is because that is what the two sides believe. 

I agree. If you are truly for smaller government then abortion rights really shouldn't be such a top priority. 

But explain why liberals want to tell everyone that they are too stupid to make their own decisions. I don't understand how anyone supports that idea. I don't need ANYONE to tell me how to live my life. I'm quite capable of making good decisions for myself. 

LucylucyM
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I totally agree". I think government should stay out of our lives, and most conservatives I know feel the same way. That's what it means to be truly conservative. 

Quoting FlowerGirl777:

well, i don't know enough about the ACA to comment, but i have a question for conservatives. If they believe in freedom, why do they tend to be against gay marriage and pot legalization? shouldn't it be our choice? Should the government be telling us who to love, and what to put in our bodies? I have tried to get my tea party mom to answer, but it always gets tangled up in religion for her. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this

We could literally go back and forth with the same questions ALL night. I can flip any question into a "but why do conservatives do/feel/impose..." 

Quoting LucylucyM:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I agree. If you are truly for smaller government then abortion rights really shouldn't be such a top priority. 

But explain why liberals want to tell everyone that they are too stupid to make their own decisions. I don't understand how anyone supports that idea. I don't need ANYONE to tell me how to live my life. I'm quite capable of making good decisions for myself. 

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
13 moms liked this

Wanting people to have health insurance so the government isn't paying unpaid medical bills is not the same as telling you which insurance to have.  

LucylucyM
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

You can't tell me why we aren't capable of making decisions for ourselves?  We need some nut jobs in DCto do it for us?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We could literally go back and forth with the same questions ALL night. I can flip any question into a "but why do conservatives do/feel/impose..." 

Quoting LucylucyM:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Lucy, do you believe everyone should be able to have health care?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN