Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother Dresses Her Son As A Klansman

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 118 Replies

This is sick. Her comments are horrible. 

Boy's Costume Stirs Controversy

Boy's Costume Stirs Controversy

CRAIGSVILLE, Va. (WHSV) Halloween is over, but the controversy surrounding a costume is continuing, after a Craigsville boy dressed as a member of the Klu Klux Klan.

The costume is seen as a family tradition.

"My brother has when he was in Kindergarten and when he was 13," said Jessica Black whose son dressed as a Klansman for Halloween.

When Jessica Black's 7-year-old son asked if he could also dress as a member of the White Supremacist group, she made him the costume.

"Cuz it was cool," said Jackson Black when asked why he wore the controversial costume.

"I did tell him that if you do it, you know there's going to be people talking about you, there's going to be people saying bad things about you when you do wear it," said Jessica Black.

Neighbors say they were shocked when they saw Jackson Black's costume.

"I just think it's really sad that a kid is being taught that. That young, because they don't know any better. You don't hear that much about it," said Wendi Sprouse, who saw Jackson Black dressed as a Klansman.

When asked where he learned of the costume, Jackson said he saw it in the movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes'.

His mom maintains there is nothing wrong with the costume or the Klu Klux Klan, which she says still exists in Craigsville.

"It's suppose to be white with white. Black with black. Man with woman and all of that. That's what the KKK stands for. The KKK every year, raises money to donate to the St. Jude's," said Jessica Black.

"Anna-Lysa: Even though it upsets people, will you still wear the costume? Jackson Black: Yes."

"It's not ok, you're offending a lot of people by one little action," said Sprouse.

Jessica Black says she has received several threats via Facebook, because of the photo of Jackson that was posted by viewer to WHSV's Facebook page.

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Mother-Responds-to-Controversy-After-Son-Dresses-as-Klansman-for-Halloween--230306501.html

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I honestly don't know how I would react if this boy came to my door during Halloween. 

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
4 moms liked this
You close the door.
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

angrydamn woman.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor kid
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Holy hell.

Backasswards people will always exist.  There isn't much you can do when some one lacks like this woman does.  It is clear.

I just hope that, thorughout his life, this kiddo meets up with those who will have the patience to show him the truth, even without realizing it.  Hopefully he sees people for who they are and not based on the racist, twisted mind of his mother.  

I feel so sorry for kids whose parents do this to them.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Had he showed up at my door...................I don't know what I would have said but I know I would have said something.  Just thinking about it pisses me off and makes me feel sorry for him.

jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd probably just shut the door. He's got a right to wear whatever costume his parents let him, but I don't have to condone it.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I honestly don't know how I would react if this boy came to my door during Halloween. 

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/read/19255469/Give_me_personal_stories

I am just curious. I find it odd, and a wee bit frightening that so many here get fifty shades of riled when something like this presents...yet when we (mostly myself and a few others) share personal stories of racism against us (because we are white or hispanic or muslim) no one seems to give three shits.

If you have personal stories where you take this same degree of disgruntledness when it presents against someone non black, please pop by and share.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I would give him candy and ask what he is wearing, and depending upon how close his "mother" was, we would have a little discussion.

FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

oh that poor child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured