Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should prisoners be allowed to have sex?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • 235 Replies
1 mom liked this

The 'prison exists to punish prisoners' camp holds that the nastier prison conditions are, the more likely people will try to avoid ending up there

The 'prison exists to reduce crime levels' camp holds that the evidence from experiments in Europe [*2] shows that allowing married prisoners a weekend visit from the wife and children in a private (but secure) 'appartment flat' inside the prison complex, once every two months, helps keep family bonds alive and significantly reduces recidivism.

If you're in the former camp, how do you explain that all the professional academic criminologists [*1], who spend their lives studying this, say that you're wrong?

If you're in the latter camp, how can you justify the possibility of a child being conceived?

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Interesting reads:

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM
6 moms liked this
No, but then again I don't think they should get free health care either. Prison is more of a luxury in comparison to what we get on the outside.

Quoting Clairwil:

Interesting reads:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
12 moms liked this
I think that it is a shame that our prisoners get better health care and sometimes better environments than our military.
When a prisoner can get a sex change and our military cannot get a prosthetic, then I have a problem.
Prisons are not a deferent anymore.
nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
No.
Mommabearbergh
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Yes they should be allowed they should and allowed to be intimate with their spouse for the simple fact it would cut down on the male to make sex that goes on in there. Prison is a totally different set of rules and code of conduct between prisoners. If it shows that this person may not come back I see no harm in it plus there aren't that maby prisons who allow visits like that. Most are vending machines and five dollar pics
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM
10 moms liked this
They should not enjoy any freedoms enjoyed by the outside world. They've been removed for a reason.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Quoting EireLass:

They should not enjoy any freedoms enjoyed by the outside world. They've been removed for a reason.

What do you see as the purpose of putting someone in prison?

Primarily to punish the prisoner OR to benefit society?

twicethemomjess
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think they should have tvs, video games any of that "fun" stuff. Books and newspapers.

Quoting lovemymini:

No, but then again I don't think they should get free health care either. Prison is more of a luxury in comparison to what we get on the outside.

Quoting Clairwil:

Interesting reads:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Both.
Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting EireLass:They should not enjoy any freedoms enjoyed by the outside world. They've been removed for a reason.

What do you see as the purpose of putting someone in prison?

Primarily to punish the prisoner OR to benefit society?

lga1965
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The "do it yourself" kind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)