Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is all I have to say about Obamacare

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Every argument contained in this comic.

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
8 moms liked this

I want universal healthcare. 

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, this was dumb.

Does reform need to happen, yes. Is ACA the answer? I'm thinking not.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Not dumb, the only thing that will work  What sort of reform needs to happen?  On what end"

Quoting furbabymum:

Sorry, this was dumb.

Does reform need to happen, yes. Is ACA the answer? I'm thinking not.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM

eye rolling

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

All the "zip it"s made me laugh out loud!  I think it's funny.  Everyone gets that the ACA isn't the end all be all ... but welcome to the world of compromise.  It could have been better, or more, but the repubs fought against that.  It may have been worse, it may have been better, but we'll never know.

The ACA is law.  We should keep moving forward and find ways to improve it ... instead of sitting around whining all the time.  It seems that people who had insurance before and have to pay more now are whining.  Welcome to capitalism, my dear friends.  If your insurance providers desires, they can raise their prices or dump your ass at any given point.  :)  Isn't that how you want it?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

No,that's not how i want it.  Not at all

Quoting pansyprincess:

All the "zip it"s made me laugh out loud!  I think it's funny.  Everyone gets that the ACA isn't the end all be all ... but welcome to the world of compromise.  It could have been better, or more, but the repubs fought against that.  It may have been worse, it may have been better, but we'll never know.

The ACA is law.  We should keep moving forward and find ways to improve it ... instead of sitting around whining all the time.  It seems that people who had insurance before and have to pay more now are whining.  Welcome to capitalism, my dear friends.  If your insurance providers desires, they can raise their prices or dump your ass at any given point.  :)  Isn't that how you want it?

mom23heathens
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM

The idea of healthcare for everyone is a great one but a hard goal to reach. There is a gap between the poor who qualify for free medicaid and the working that can "afford" it and are "offered" it through their employer. ACA seems like it's not going to work no matter how much I hoped for something good but I don't see anyone else coming up with a more feasible idea. Until then I guess we all have to "deal" until something else comes along.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom23heathens:

The idea of healthcare for everyone is a great one but a hard goal to reach. There is a gap between the poor who qualify for free medicaid and the working that can "afford" it and are "offered" it through their employer. ACA seems like it's not going to work no matter how much I hoped for something good but I don't see anyone else coming up with a more feasible idea. Until then I guess we all have to "deal" until something else comes along.

HMMMM- how come the "greatest nation on Earth" can not do what ever.other.industrialized.national.on.the.planet has accomplished?  NO, those in charge want only certain folks to be able to access decent, affordable HC- they would prefer HC to be a commodity that only the select few can afford to access-

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Hey as long as the insurers get to make money. They talk a lot about profit margins. How mean that they only make a 5% profit! How are they ever going to stay in business? !
I think it's pretty shitty that anyone makes 5% off of people being forced to buy their product. And how much do they have that isn't counted as progit? Screw that shit they suck.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting mom23heathens:

HMMMM- how come the "greatest nation on Earth" can not do what ever.other.industrialized.national.on.the.planet has accomplished?  NO, those in charge want only certain folks to be able to access decent, affordable HC- they would prefer HC to be a commodity that only the select few can afford to access-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)