Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Three year old killed for not taking her coat off......

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 94 Replies

I realize that there will be those people who will comment on this and say things like - you can't live in fear, or some people have no choice etc....

So, before I say what I came here to say - I will say this.

I don't see it as 'living in fear' - I see it as being realistic and aware!

Next, people do have a choice. If you can't afford to have a child and stay home and take care of the child, or if you get pregnant by mistake thats no excuse!

First of all, there ARE many many forms of birth control. Next, I wouldn't have a child if I knew that I couldn't provide for my child. Sure, I may want a child, but I would have to think of how that childs life would be, if I were to selfishly get pregnant, knowing I couldn't provide for the child - or If i knew I would have to work and place the child in day care.

I married at 21. My husband and I worked and finished school and did all the party stuff. Then when I was 33, we PLANNED for a baby. We knew we were done with the parties and had our financial path set. 

Think about this for a moment. You take your kid to a day care, or baby sitter. The day care person/sitter more then likely has kids of their own and or has other kids they take care of daily. That means they are with kids alllllll day everyday. Some of those kids may come as early as 5am or 6am, and stay as late as 6pm or 8pm. Meaning that day care provider or babysitter never really gets any down time, and is more then likely over whelmed and stressed for the majority of their life or time while taking care of kids. 

As parents/mothers we know that is can be stressful at times, taking care of our own kids. Because they are kids, and learning everything. They have tantrums, and do things they aren't supposed to be - but thats what kids do. SO imagine that sitter, that's their life. Every day all day, they don't get a break from it. Why would you place your prescious baby/kid in a place like that?

My husband and I, own a small business. So we both split the work day, so while one of us is at work for 5 hours, they other is at home with our child. 

I do not trust my young child with anyone. I'm not blaming the parents for this childs death. I realize that most parents feel it's their only option, and they think it's ok or normal because so many people use sitters or day cares.

But the world is not getting any kinder. In fact the world is growing more evil by the day.  

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Well said.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
9 moms liked this

So what happened with the three year old?

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Agreed. 

danie24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have been together for 12 years. Our first baby, 4 years into our life together, was not planned. Just because she wasn't planned doesn't mean we couldn't take care of her. I was a SAHM about 4 months into my pregnancy and 8 years and 3 kids later, I am still a SAHM. 2 of our 3 kids were planned. But our 1st, unplanned pregnancy (failed birth control one time in 12 years) was the best thing that ever happened to me. My daughter is my everything. Also.. if I wasn't as lucky as I am right now, with a hard working, loving, supportive man.. and if I had to work.. I would still keep my child and raise my child and do the very best I could.
hismommy2010
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting danie24:

My husband and I have been together for 12 years. Our first baby, 4 years into our life together, was not planned. Just because she wasn't planned doesn't mean we couldn't take care of her. I was a SAHM about 4 months into my pregnancy and 8 years and 3 kids later, I am still a SAHM. 2 of our 3 kids were planned. But our 1st, unplanned pregnancy (failed birth control one time in 12 years) was the best thing that ever happened to me. My daughter is my everything. Also.. if I wasn't as lucky as I am right now, with a hard working, loving, supportive man.. and if I had to work.. I would still keep my child and raise my child and do the very best I could.

Great! but I wasn't saying you were a bad person for having an un-planned child. My point to this is that so many people are placing their young kids in day care or pre-school. And to often these kids get hurt or killed. And their excuse is, well I have to work, or I'm a single mother because I'm 19 and got pregnant cause I didn't use BC.... Not talking about YOU personally.

What I'm saying is, that WE ALL have a choice. The choice is all there for us to take and make.

danie24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I understand what you're saying.

I just disagree.

I agree 100% that it is definitely better for at least one parent to stay home with the kids. But if you can't.. it's still much more ideal for the birth parents to raise their children than random strangers, as long as they aren't abusive or neglectful in any way.

Far more children survive and thrive in day care and preschool than they do die or become seriously injured. Let's at least be realistic. LOL

Quoting hismommy2010:

Quoting danie24:

Great! but I wasn't saying you were a bad person for having an un-planned child. My point to this is that so many people are placing their young kids in day care or pre-school. And to often these kids get hurt or killed. And their excuse is, well I have to work, or I'm a single mother because I'm 19 and got pregnant cause I didn't use BC.... Not talking about YOU personally.

What I'm saying is, that WE ALL have a choice. The choice is all there for us to take and make.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM
7 moms liked this
Not all day care providers are evil just as not all SAHMs are perfect. I work and I enjoy it. My kids survived daycare and are doing well in school. If I don't win Mother Of The Year, so be it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
5 moms liked this
Can you show me the stats where, it shows children are killed often in daycare?!

Children are more likely to be killed by a parent than anyone else.

Daycare is not evil, and people who put their kids in day care don't need to listen to people like you who speak out their ass, with zero proof of how often this seems to
Happen.

Fact is, it's rare. Extremely rare for a child to
Die in daycare.

Quoting hismommy2010:

Quoting danie24:

D-Town
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband's ex stayed home to take care of the kids. She took care of them wonderfully. Beat them daily. Locked them in closets. The only reprieve they received until she was put in jail was daycare.

Obviously it was the preferred home over the one in which both DH and I worked.
SouthernMamaof1
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm not a SAHM.  I'm a teacher.  I trusted my DS's daycare teacher just as she trusted me with her child in my classroom.  Not every daycare provider is as you mentioned.

By the way, I would never want to be a SAHM.  It's not for me.  I love what I do, and I would never want to change that.

Teaching~"Once you master the art of facing a room full of teenagers, and come out alive, you can do ANYTHING."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)