Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler 3, Walks A Mile On Busy Road To Seek Help, After Father Murders Mother

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Toddler, 3, walks alone for a MILE down busy road to find help after her father murdered her mother in Florida

Kristi Lynne Delaney-Johnny Lashawn Shipman

via WOGX:
The hunt is on for a man wanted for murdering his ex-girlfriend.

Lake County Sheriff’s deputies said Johnny Lashawn Shipman killed Kristi Lynne Delaney inside her Mascotte home Monday, while their 3-year-old daughter watched.

Kristi Lynne DelaneyShipman was last seen in Mascotte on Sunday, but detectives believe he got a ride to Ocala, and from there may be trying to get to Alabama, where he has relatives.

Delaney was found dead on the living room floor of her South Bay Lake Road home. Lake County Sheriff’s deputies have named Shipman, her ex-boyfriend and the father of her the only suspect in her murder.

The victim’s mother, said her daughter had an abusive relationship with Shipman. Court documents show Delaney had filed a restraining order against him.

“I know he was obsessed with Kristi,” Delaney’s mother said, “He didn’t want to let her go. She didn’t want to be with him. And I think he felt if he couldn’t have her, nobody could.”

Investigators said their 3 year old daughter saw the attack. Amazingly, the toddler was able to walk down the street to her grandmother’s house. When the victim’s mother, who didn’t want to be named, came down to check on her daughter, she discovered Delaney’s body.

“She was a good kid. She had a big heart and she didn’t deserve this,” her mother said.

Investigators aren’t releasing how the 26-year-old was murdered, but there’s a manhunt for Shipman, who they believe is still dangerous. The 3-year-old child is in the care of the Florida Department of Children and Families right now. Her grandmother said she’s working to get custody of the child.Kristi Lynne Delaney-preg-Johnny Lashawn Shipman

Investigators aren’t saying whether they believe Shipman is still in Florida, but if you have any information about him, please call the Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477).

Link to video  VV

http://realitywives.net/blogs/toddler-walks-for-help-after-father-kills-mother/

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
omm76002
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Omg!!
littlesippycup
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:32 AM

That's horrible =(

whovianmum
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM

That poor little girl.And after going through seeing that she knew where to go for help.Smart girl,but that's so damn sad :(

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Good Lord.

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I hope they get her in therapy stat. A family friend (my sister practically raised him even though he's older) witnessed his mothers murder as a toddler and he has PTSD.
randi1978
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

CPS has no business stepping in and taking that child from family.  She should have remained with her grandmother and CPS could have worked out the red tape without further traumatizing that child. 

I feel so bad for that little baby.  Sees her father kill her mother and then other people take her away and dump her off with strangers.

smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Maybe that was a safety measure until he is caught?

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping the grandmother gets her in the end, if she's fit to give her a happy life from here on out.

But then again I know how jacked up CPS really can be.. :(
I'm just going to keep hoping anyways. :/

Quoting randi1978:

CPS has no business stepping in and taking that child from family.  She should have remained with her grandmother and CPS could have worked out the red tape without further traumatizing that child. 

I feel so bad for that little baby.  Sees her father kill her mother and then other people take her away and dump her off with strangers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured