Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mothers Were Making Fun Of Other People’s ‘Ugly’ Toddlers On Facebook

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mothers Were Making Fun Of Other People’s ‘Ugly’ Toddlers On Facebook

comments

A group was created on Facebook to share photos of children deemed “ugly” and some of the photos even displayed children with disabilities. As sad as that is, what’s even worse is that the group was made up of grown women who would find and share the photos.

Mail Online reports that the group was originally designed to trade and sell children's clothing but took a nasty turn. The private group, which has since been removed, included photos of children from other mothers' Facebook pages that were then posted without approval for criticizing.

"An ugly baby thread. I have died and gone to heaven ... why can't you guys live near me so we can do this over cocktails?" one mother reportedly wrote, according to WESH.

One mother of a toddler who was mocked at posted a picture of her as a newborn in the intensive care unit and wrote, "This is MY DAUGHTER that is being made fun of because she is delayed…so funny, huh? Sick (expletive)."

The response from one of the members in the group was disturbing.

"THIS IS FACEBOOK, NOT THE SALEM WITCH HUNT....THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AND I WAS LAUGHING BECAUSE IT WAS FUNNY....THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, NEXT."

One mother is now doing her best to shame the women who are part of the group.

Melissa Antenucci, of Palm Beach, Fla., began posting the mother's comments online in order to exploit their cruel remarks.

"The things that these mothers said were the most horrific things that I have ever seen, being a mom and knowing that they are moms," Antenucci said.

Sources: Mail Online, WESH

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Doesn't really surprise me.

Any thing some people can find humor in and make fun of is game on.

How incredibly sad. 

The women participating in this surly have fulfilled lives and better things to do....................one would hope.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

What a bunch of hopeless people.. it is people like this that make my faith in humanity less and less

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

This. 

We have a lot of sick people in the world who can only feel better about themselves by denigrating others. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Doesn't really surprise me.

Any thing some people can find humor in and make fun of is game on.

How incredibly sad. 

The women participating in this surly have fulfilled lives and better things to do....................one would hope.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I would never, ever make fun of how other people's children look. It's mean.
Mommabearbergh
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
They are some suck bitches to do something like that
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

What are their CM profile names?

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Lol

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What are their CM profile names?

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Wow that's mean.
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I just wonder how sad your life is if that's what you have to do for entertainment. I could find thousands of things to do with my time that would be so much more fun. 

l0v3ly
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I think it would be fair to steal those women's profile images and create a group of parallel bashing. I'm sure they're all extremely attractive and so secure with themselves that they wouldn't mind others publicly expressing degrading opinions about their looks right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)