Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A**hole babies

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 114 Replies
1 mom liked this
My gay nephew was bitching about our insurance increase. He looked through his and was perplexed to see maternity care. "Does Obama think I'm gonna have an asshole baby?"

Of course he doesn't pay much attention to politics.
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Jules on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahahhahahah hahahhahahah.
We were lucky, our insurance went down, because our HR dept shopped around. Otherwise, it was going to go up 200%, if we stayed with the same carrier. It only went down 20 bucks a month, but I will take it. Still a high deductible(which I think is bullshit), but what can I do??
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
7 moms liked this
Classy as you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
"Asshole babies?"
Kmary
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, you know...babies produced via anal sex...

Her nephew was being funny.  He doesn't think babies are assholes :-)

Quoting greenie63:

"Asshole babies?"

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I wonder if he used a surrogate to have a child or adopted a newborn, could he use his insurance to pay for their care? For that matter, if my hubs had insurance and I didn't, would his cover labor, delivery, recovery care? It's his baby, too. Hmmm...just thinking out loud here. We've always both had insurance through his employer so I never paid attention to which one of us it was "charged" to.
JMmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
For surrogates, it depends on the insurance. Otherwise, yes. I don't work so I am covered only by my husbands insurance and it covers all my maternity care.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

I wonder if he used a surrogate to have a child or adopted a newborn, could he use his insurance to pay for their care? For that matter, if my hubs had insurance and I didn't, would his cover labor, delivery, recovery care? It's his baby, too. Hmmm...just thinking out loud here. We've always both had insurance through his employer so I never paid attention to which one of us it was "charged" to.
Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Thanks for the info. So requiring all policies carry this isn't as cuckoo as it sounds.

Quoting JMmama:

For surrogates, it depends on the insurance. Otherwise, yes. I don't work so I am covered only by my husbands insurance and it covers all my maternity care.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, that's a matter if opinion, lol.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Thanks for the info. So requiring all policies carry this isn't as cuckoo as it sounds.

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I guess. I'm basing my opinion on it taking a male AND a female (or the bio parts of each) to have a baby, so only requiring the person who physically births the baby to carry that extra coverage seems a but unfair. You play, you pay ;)

Quoting JMmama:

Well, that's a matter if opinion, lol.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Quoting JMmama:

Quoting Luvnlogic:

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured