Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So I dropped my iPhone in the toilet

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 52 Replies
And 48 hours later after sitting in a bowl full of rice and a fan it works fine. Anyone else have this happen to them?
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Not me but my friend did and she set in rice for two days too. It worked okay for a week then tweaked out on her and she had to replace it. I hope yours is good. How did you drop it in the toilet? Lol 

1Giovanni
by Becca on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Oh jeez I have dropped my phone in a toliet, swiming pool, and a puddle with the same phone within 2 week time. It worked for about 6 months and then it all id sudden died without any warning. Lol
jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM
No
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I've been able to rescue a number of electronics by drying them thoroughly.

I don't recommend dropping a touch-screen into oil.

Aestas
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I tried the rice thing when my now five year old drooled an old flip phone to death (she was just learning to cruise, and I thought the phone was out of reach while I was busy loading the dishwasher). Didn't work, but it might be because I was foolish enough to try to turn it back on first, instead of leaving the battery out until it was completely dry.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it about a month ago. Mine didn't work again :-( But luckily my sister had moved provinces and switched providers and upgraded her phone so she gave me her old one - which was the same as mine :-)

Saved me $$$

I did drop my old Motorola flip phone and was able to salvage it, though a trip through the washer and dryer killed it.

Geez I sound bad, but that was over the course of several years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D-Town
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Yes. But I immediately opened it and took the battery out and let it dry that way. After it was dry I ran over the board with alcohol to remove some corrosion that had already started to form.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I had a dog chew mine up and he hit the record button when he did.  It still played the recording of him chewing it up.  Rice could not help it otherwise.

lga1965
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM

No, but I have always wondered if the bowl of rice method really works. Yay!  That's good !

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I've done that and them about a week later dropped it in a sink full of water.

Still works fine! Of course each time It was in my Otter Box so that probably saved it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)