Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

You Have A Little Black In You:Talk Show Host Delivers DNA Test Results To White Supremacist Town Founder

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

hahahaha, how ironic is that? I can't stand her show but I"m sure that was pretty fun to watch. 

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!

Growing up we had always heard a family tale that my great-grandmother was black (my grandmother was adopted be a white family and did not look bi-racial). I always assumed it was family folklore. A couple of year ago my brother did one of those DNA / genetics test. Turns out the tales were true. The test showed we are 1/8 sub-Saharan African.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I Bet we're all a little black.
:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

That is hilarious! I've been thinking of having my ancestry checked, just because I'm curious :) As far as I know, I'm all European...but it would be neat to find something else.

I know a guy who is a white supremisist & he is also 1/4 black. It's noticeable too. Apparently his father was 1/2 black 1/2 white & he took off when the guy was a kid, so he was raised by his white mom & has hated black people since. I'm not sure if his mom encouraged the hate or not, but he seems to blame the "black" for his father being a deadbeat :/ 

mikesmom65270
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Everyone's ancestors came out of Africa, some earlier than others.  The African DNA may be too dilute in some to register, but all of us have Africians ancestors.  My uncle was somewhat racist and I always thought it would be cool if we found some black ancestors.  (I recently did DNA testing (23andme) and we don't have African, by the way.)

jllcali
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I am not surprised he refuses to believe the test results.
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM

LOL

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Maybe if we show the results to the other white supremisists who are following him they will go away lol

meriana
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM

That's funny but not all that surprising really. Years ago I knew (briefly) a gal who was quite the racist. I always thought it would be great to find her a black ancestor or two. I know, I'm a bad person...LOL

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Dh did not have any detectable African (sub-Saharan or otherwise) marker. He was almost exclusively northern European. He is first generation American born to Swedish parents. He had 2 markers in the Balkans the rest were all Norway / Sweden.

Quoting mikesmom65270:

Everyone's ancestors came out of Africa, some earlier than others.  The African DNA may be too dilute in some to register, but all of us have Africians ancestors.  My uncle was somewhat racist and I always thought it would be cool if we found some black ancestors.  (I recently did DNA testing (23andme) and we don't have African, by the way.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN