Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ann Coulter--Is this supposed to be a joke?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 39 Replies
  • Obamacare will allow insurers to charge 50 percent higher premiums for smokers, but prohibits insurers from increasing premiums for those with HIV/AIDS.

• Nationally, Obamacare will increase men’s individual insurance premiums by an average of 99 percent and women’s by 62 percent. In North Carolina, for example, individual insurance premiums will triple for women and quadruple for men.
  • Health plans valued at $27,500 or more for a family of four will be taxed at a rate of 40 percent.
  • No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare.
  • A 62-year-old man earning $46,000 a year is entitled to a $7,836 government tax credit to buy health insurance. But if he earns an extra $22 in income, he loses the entire $7,836 credit. He will have more take-home pay by earning $46,000 than if he earns $55,000. (If he’s lucky, he already works for one of the companies forced by Obamacare to reduce employees’ hours!)
  • Merely to be eligible for millions of dollars in grants from the federal government under Obamacare, education and training programs are required to meet racial, ethnic, gender, linguistic and sexual-orientation quotas. That’s going to make health care MUCH better!
  • Obamacare is turning America into a part-time nation. According to a recent report by economist John Lott, 97 percent of all jobs added to the economy so far this year have been part-time jobs. Ninety-seven percent!
  • Obamacare is such a disaster that the people who wrote it refuse to live under it themselves. That’s right, Congress won a waiver from Obamacare.

• Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/democrats-to-america-we-own-the-government/#bQhFzbIeMxp105vr.99

I don't know but I may have accidentally posted this twice.  lol

Can anyone spot the most outrageous lie that Ann came up with?  This kind of supposed journalism is the reason why the people of this country can't come together.

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    AdrianneHill
    by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    1 mom liked this
    All of them seem suspect or stretched. I have a hard time believing that no American educated doctors will accept "obamacare" whatever the hell that means.
    Citygirlk
    by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    1 mom liked this

No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare. 

Obamacare isn't health insurance and she knows this so why is she spreading misinformation? Oh yeah I forgot, she works for fox.

stacymomof2
    by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Exactly.  All of them are stretched if not purposefully misleading.

But the comment that no American trained doctor would accept Obamacare?  What kind of BS is that anyway?  And why throw in "American trained"?  

Quoting AdrianneHill:

All of them seem suspect or stretched. I have a hard time believing that no American educated doctors will accept "obamacare" whatever the hell that means.

lga1965
    by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    5 moms liked this

LucyMom08
    by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    6 moms liked this
    If it has her name attached, of course it's a joke...
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    stacymomof2
    by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    3 moms liked this

Well, Fox and apparently gets some money from World Net Daily, too.  Which just proves her level of ethics in regards to journalism.  It's sad to find a media source less trustworthy than Fox although lately I haven't been impressed with any sources I have come accross other than NPR.

Quoting Citygirlk:

No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare. 

Obamacare isn't health insurance and she knows this so why is she spreading misinformation? Oh yeah I forgot, she works for fox.

autodidact
    by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    4 moms liked this

well, Obamacare isn't a health insurance policy, for one. 

LucyMom08
    by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Side note, I'm also interested in John Lott's report...everything I've seen has said 77%...where is he getting the extra 20%?
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    stacymomof2
    by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    1 mom liked this

I'm actually wondering though.  Did she mean that statement about no American Doctors accepting Obamacare as a joke?  If so, why include it in a list of supposed facts?  If questioned, I'm sure she would say it was a joke.  But in my opinion she put it in there to fool the conspiricy theorists who read WND in hopes it would take on a life of its own as a "factoid."  Something that "everyone knows" but when ask can only remember having read about it vaguely.

Quoting LucyMom08:

If it has her name attached, of course it's a joke...

Friday
    by HRH of MJ on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    6 moms liked this

Yes, mAnn Coulter IS a joke. I thought that was common knowledge. I pity anyone who takes her for news.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)