Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is VERY interesting...The Event: How Racist Are You? with Jane Elliott

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 31 Replies

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I think there is a lobby in this country that wants to divide the nation culturally through strained race relations.

The way the word racist gets thrown around so liberally lately you'd think the 60's with Martin Luther King never happened. You'd think blacks never got to vote. You'd think there were no anti-discrimination laws in this country.

Well I'm white and I don't bother anybody. And I'm sick of hearing this bs when people know damned well that there's black on white crime, white on black crime, white on white crime, and black on black crime.

I'm also really pissed that whoever these arrogant lobbyists are, and whoever pushes this agenda through the corporate sold-out media, works on the divisiveness of blacks and whites, meanwhile simultaenously perpetrating their own racism by excluding from this false race war, all other races except black and white.

America is brown, yellow, red, black and white.

slavery was over centuries ago. Except for individual instances and fringe a-hole groups like the KKK and the Farakhans, there is no true racism in our society.

If there is true racism, then please someone explain how a black president got elected ? What, did the largely middle class white majority just not frickin vote?

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Nice rant but not at all related to the video.

Quoting buttersworth:

I think there is a lobby in this country that wants to divide the nation culturally through strained race relations.

The way the word racist gets thrown around so liberally lately you'd think the 60's with Martin Luther King never happened. You'd think blacks never got to vote. You'd think there were no anti-discrimination laws in this country.

Well I'm white and I don't bother anybody. And I'm sick of hearing this bs when people know damned well that there's black on white crime, white on black crime, white on white crime, and black on black crime.

I'm also really pissed that whoever these arrogant lobbyists are, and whoever pushes this agenda through the corporate sold-out media, works on the divisiveness of blacks and whites, meanwhile simultaenously perpetrating their own racism by excluding from this false race war, all other races except black and white.

slavery was over centuries ago. Except for individual instances and fringe a-hole groups like the KKK and the Farakhans, there is no true racism in our society.

If there is true racism, then please someone explain how a black president got elected ? What, did the largely middle class white majority just not frickin vote?

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks. yeah i got bored before it was over. i'm sick of all this fake race sh*t. it makes me want to puke.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this

You got bored?  And then went on a rant about nothing.  But stay blind to the issues.  

Quoting buttersworth:

thanks. yeah i got bored before it was over. i'm sick of all this fake race sh*t. it makes me want to puke.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes i got bored. Same stuff, different day. It's an English woman teaching people what's it like to suffer a form of racism, but if you ask me, it looks like more desensitizing programming. It's kinda a trend lately to have people learn incrementally how to feel like sh*t. This isn't about real racism. It's about dehumanization.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

You got bored?  And then went on a rant about nothing.  But stay blind to the issues.  

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Umm...wrong.  It is an American woman who is teaching English people about overt/covert racism using a tool she created herself by dividing the blue eyed and brown eyed people.  She has been doing this since she was a teacher in the 60's.

Jane Elliott, internationally known teacher, lecturer, diversity trainer, and recipient of the National Mental Health Association Award for Excellence in Education, exposes prejudice and bigotry for what it is, an irrational class system based upon purely arbitrary factors. And if you think this does not apply to you. . . you are in for a rude awakening. 

In response to the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. over thirty years ago, Jane Elliott devised the controversial and startling, "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" exercise. This, now famous, exercise labels participants as inferior or superior based solely upon the color of their eyes and exposes them to the experience of being a minority. Everyone who is exposed to Jane Elliott's work, be it through a lecture, workshop, or video, is dramatically affected by it.

Quoting buttersworth:

Yes i got bored. Same stuff, different day. It's an English woman teaching people what's it like to suffer a form of racism, but if you ask me, it looks like more desensitizing programming. It's kinda a trend lately to have people learn incrementally how to feel like sh*t. This isn't about real racism. It's about dehumanization.

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM

well i think she should separate them according to class then

the real division going on today is not between skin color. it's whose rich and whose poor and the shrinking man in the middle

think about what happens to a teenager today if they don't have the right kind of cel phone. what about the high school kid with no car? young twenty somethings with the wrong kind of clothes, sneakers, whathaveyou.

look, kids today respect all these celebrities and many of them are more 'of color' than they were in past decades. i think probably most of them are not white. but white kids, for instance, use them as role models or look up to them. they don't have a problem if a kid isn't their same race. but bless you if you dress outdated in salvation army clothes from last year!

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Umm...wrong.  It is an American woman who is teaching English people about overt/covert racism using a tool she created herself by dividing the blue eyed and brown eyed people.  She has been doing this since she was a teacher in the 60's.

Jane Elliott, internationally known teacher, lecturer, diversity trainer, and recipient of the National Mental Health Association Award for Excellence in Education, exposes prejudice and bigotry for what it is, an irrational class system based upon purely arbitrary factors. And if you think this does not apply to you. . . you are in for a rude awakening. 

In response to the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. over thirty years ago, Jane Elliott devised the controversial and startling, "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" exercise. This, now famous, exercise labels participants as inferior or superior based solely upon the color of their eyes and exposes them to the experience of being a minority. Everyone who is exposed to Jane Elliott's work, be it through a lecture, workshop, or video, is dramatically affected by it.

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Fake? 

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting buttersworth:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

btw i'm sorry i didn't see that you posted this and i called it boring. it really isn't. i'm just in a mood today. i watched part of it and saw the girl cry and it was interesting. i'm just sick of the racist stuff. i feel like we've all been catapulted back to the south, 1955.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Subbing so I can watch later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)