Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man Opens 'Pandora's Box' & Drops Dead -- No, Really

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 38 Replies

Man Opens 'Pandora's Box' & Drops Dead -- No, Really

by Jacqueline Burt

pandora's box

There's something about a mysterious death that's just so ... mysterious. Like when a person spontaneously combusts. Oooh! Gives me chills just thinking about it!! Not saying a spooky death makes the loss of a human being any less sad or anything, okay! Just sayin' sometimes a person's demise is downright creepy. Perfect example? The recent passing of 37-year-old Jason Airey, a perfectly healthy resident of Carlisle, in the UK, until the day he came home with a strange container inscribed with the words "Pandora's Box."

You can guess where this is going, I bet.

Shortly after taking the box upstairs to his bedroom in the home where he lived with his family, Airey was found slumped forward, face down -- and completely unresponsive. He was rushed to the hospital, but died two days later. According to the coroner, "His heart stopping caused the death of his brain which caused multiple organ failure ... We don’t really know what caused his heart to stop."

Whoa. They don't know?! And it gets weirder. See, there was one thing inside "Pandora's Box," which was a small packet of synthetic cannabis -- unused. And not only was the synthetic cannabis unused, there were absolutely no traces of any type of drugs in Airey's system. So what could have killed him?? I have no idea. Well, I have a few, but do any of these explanations fit??

1. A noxious odor emanating from the synthetic cannabis poisoned him.

2. He bought the synthetic cannabis but was expecting a much larger amount and he died of shock.

3. All the evils of the world really were in that box (which would sort of make sense considering the synthetic cannabis).

That's all I got.

What do you think killed Jason Airey?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummm, according to the coroner it was a heart attack.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this

Living with his folks at age 37, that would do it.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

A heart attack perhaps?

Nicoleb9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I literally LOL'd at scenario number two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I assume he had a heart attack. A person can be healthy and have a heart attack its not a rare occurrence.
stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It was his time to die.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It was his time

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
4 moms liked this
Heart attack. The box arriving at the same time is coincidental. Now, if those who examined the box died as well, we'd have an awesome mystery.
jllcali
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
No, it said his heart stopped, also known as cardiac arrest, which is different than a heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction. If it was an MI (heart attack), there would have been evidence of it found during the autopsy. Cardiac arrest can be caused by an arrhythmia, hypoxia, etc, and physical damage is not always present. The man probably had an arrhythmia and went into cardiac arrest. It's more common than you'd think and the box was just coincidental.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Ummm, according to the coroner it was a heart attack.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM
He'd ordered real pot and died of disappointment.

there was a radio active spider hidden in the box that everyone else missed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN