Man Opens 'Pandora's Box' & Drops Dead -- No, Really
There's something about a mysterious death that's just so ... mysterious. Like when a person spontaneously combusts. Oooh! Gives me chills just thinking about it!! Not saying a spooky death makes the loss of a human being any less sad or anything, okay! Just sayin' sometimes a person's demise is downright creepy. Perfect example? The recent passing of 37-year-old Jason Airey, a perfectly healthy resident of Carlisle, in the UK, until the day he came home with a strange container inscribed with the words "Pandora's Box."
You can guess where this is going, I bet.
Shortly after taking the box upstairs to his bedroom in the home where he lived with his family, Airey was found slumped forward, face down -- and completely unresponsive. He was rushed to the hospital, but died two days later. According to the coroner, "His heart stopping caused the death of his brain which caused multiple organ failure ... We don’t really know what caused his heart to stop."
Whoa. They don't know?! And it gets weirder. See, there was one thing inside "Pandora's Box," which was a small packet of synthetic cannabis -- unused. And not only was the synthetic cannabis unused, there were absolutely no traces of any type of drugs in Airey's system. So what could have killed him?? I have no idea. Well, I have a few, but do any of these explanations fit??
1. A noxious odor emanating from the synthetic cannabis poisoned him.
2. He bought the synthetic cannabis but was expecting a much larger amount and he died of shock.
3. All the evils of the world really were in that box (which would sort of make sense considering the synthetic cannabis).
That's all I got.
What do you think killed Jason Airey?