Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thanks Obamacare.. insurance dropped, now no insurance, two speical needs kids, and the flipping website doens't work..

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 381 Replies
6 moms liked this

As many of you here know, I have two special need children, one autistic, and one born with a birth defect who is on a feeding tube.

We knew our insurance would go up because of Obamacare.  We were expecting to get screwed.  We were not expecting to get the you can not keep your insurance letter!! 

As of November 1, we have NO INSURANCE. Our plan is gone.   Thanks frigging Obama!! 

I am beyond mad, scared, upset..

To get Obamacare coverage our deductable is going to triple, as is our monthly premium.  Thanks Obamacare.

Can I get Medicaid just for the kids, nope.  We work so we don't qualify.

Can we get on healthcare.gov?  Nope. It doesn't flipping work.

Can our inurance broker help us out.. Nope because the insurance exchanges are not working.

So all you Obama supporters.. how do afford to get my daughter feeds?  my sons therapy? 

I wasn't draining the system.  We work and paid our own way, until Obama and his lies.

I am so flipping out, as is my husband.

It is looking like a roof over the kids head or doing our daughters feeds. 

So much for if you like your insurance bullsh*t.  Flipping LIAR.  For some of us,it is literally a matter of life and death.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM
6 moms liked this

You know the many do not care about you or your kids- they would tell you that they are your responsibility-to work longer and harder, and that after 1 with special needs, you should have known better...both sides are against people who are outside the box (which by your description you are). There is a website out of San Francisco that is helping people who have questions-they are using some parts of the federal software to help get people signed up on exchanges. Let me see if I can find the name of the site.

I am sorry for your situation.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM
3 moms liked this

helpsherpa.com

S.F. programmers build alternative to HealthCare.gov - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/.../s.f-programmers-build-alternative-to-healthcare.go...
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Reach out to your state rep. They have access to things the public doesn't. I needed help with something and my rep's office was awesome to work with. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I am so sorry this is happening to you. I had wondered about those like yourself...and how many there are.

What state are you in and do you have any ties to the military. I might have some resorces..military or not.
stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have been waiting weeks on that flipping website to work. I am optimistic about these state and private alternatives to ACA.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I'm sorry for what is happening to you.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You can call, you do not need the website to enroll

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Yes.

And no.

You can call, but at least in NJ, they are telling people to wait.  We have tried three times.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Yes.

And no.

You can call, but at least in NJ, they are telling people to wait.  We have tried three times.

If call volume is high? what is the reason?

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I am so sorry this is happening. My thoughts are with you and hope they come up with some alternative to the lies that have been told

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN