Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ETA-Renisha McBride shot in the face-Update-charges filed

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 140 Replies

Autopsy Shows Renisha McBride Was Shot In The Face – Charges Still Not Filed

1463231_10151682155682301_1625384433_n (1)

According to an autopsy report released Tuesday, Renisha McBride, the 19-year-old Detroit woman who friends say was merely seeking help after a car crash, was killed by a gun blast to the face. The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s report also ruled McBride’s death a homicide, but  authorities have yet to charge the gunman.

“There was an entrance shotgun wound to the face, with no evidence of close range discharge of a firearm noted on the skin surrounding this wound,” read the medical examiner report, according to the Detroit News. The autopsy reports also show that McBride was wet.

Dearborn Heights police say McBride was standing on the porch of the home in Dearborn Heights when she was shot. Authorities have no released the name of McBride’s killer, since charges have yet to be filed in the case.

Update

Theodore Wafer, of  Dearborn Heights, was charged Friday with second-degree murder, manslaughter and possession of a firearm in a felony in the shooting death of 19-year-old Detroiter Renisha McBride.

Wafer, 54, faces arraignment Friday afternoon in the charges, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced.

McBride killed on Nov. 2 by Wafer,whose lawyer said was “justified” in firing at McBride.

Worthy said Friday that the evidence shows Wafer did not act in self defense. Wafer said he believed his home was being broken into by “person or persons,” and that he feared for his life, according to his attorney, Bloomfield Hills lawyer Cheryl Carpenter.

McBride’s family and their attorneys will hold a press conference today at 3pm.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM
When was 911 called? By who?
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM

by the resident after he or she shot her. 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I still feel details are lacking. Did the residence look like she had been trying to break in? I just can't imagine shooting someone who was standing on my porch just because they are standing o my porch.

Quoting LNLMommy:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

There are a lot of details missing from the story..authorities are withholding a lot apparently. 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I still feel details are lacking. Did the residence look like she had been trying to break in? I just can't imagine shooting someone who was standing on my porch just because they are standing o my porch.

Quoting LNLMommy:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Didn't this just happen recently with another African American male?  He was a great kid....a football player?  

He had a bad car accident and went up to a house for help and was killed.  

A tragedy, to be sure, but his family forgave the person who shot him, pretty quickly. 

Only two people know what happened that night.  We have no idea what state of mind the woman was in when she approached the house.  Was she calm and polite or freaking out and banging on stuff?   What type of  neighborhood is Dearborn Heights?  Do you expect danger when someone's pounding on your door?  

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

That case happened in Charlotte, NC. The police actually shot him and the officer was charged with manslaughter.

I guess since I'm not trigger happy-if a person is pounding on my door, I'm calling the cops immediately. I only see the need to use deadly force if someone is actually entering my home. 

Quoting anxiousschk:

Didn't this just happen recently with another African American male?  He was a great kid....a football player?  

He had a bad car accident and went up to a house for help and was killed.  

A tragedy, to be sure, but his family forgave the person who shot him, pretty quickly. 

Only two people know what happened that night.  We have no idea what state of mind the woman was in when she approached the house.  Was she calm and polite or freaking out and banging on stuff?   What type of  neighborhood is Dearborn Heights?  Do you expect danger when someone's pounding on your door?  

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I just read the prosecutor will be announcing what, if any, charges will be filed against the shooter sometime today. 

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
At 2 am someone banged on my door. We were in an ok area. Mostly military families. I looked out the window and saw a thin black male but couldn't really see his face. My sister has a friend who is mentally disabled that is a thin black male. I threw open the door thinking something was wrong for him to ride his bike across town at 2am. It was a crack head all jittery wanting a smoke! Still didn't shoot him!
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I honestly think there should be some type of consequence but I doubt that will happen. 

Quoting Luvnlogic:

I just read the prosecutor will be announcing what, if any, charges will be filed against the shooter sometime today. 

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Exactly! Did he just run off?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

At 2 am someone banged on my door. We were in an ok area. Mostly military families. I looked out the window and saw a thin black male but couldn't really see his face. My sister has a friend who is mentally disabled that is a thin black male. I threw open the door thinking something was wrong for him to ride his bike across town at 2am. It was a crack head all jittery wanting a smoke! Still didn't shoot him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN