Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I made a post about this last year...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 97 Replies

but I figured it would be fun to do again since we've gained a lot of new members since then.  What is the worst Christmas present you ever got?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLTmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

The "free gift with purchase" that you get at the makeup counter.  Not the actual purchase, just the cheap gift.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

famiglia_bella
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It has to be the time I got a cheap plastic "box" of perfume samples, not any recognizable perfume names, and they all smelled like they had been in a hot car for a loooong time.  The box was like what holds the candy in a Valentine's Day heart, with a clear plastic sleeve that was warped and it made SO MUCH noise when I tried to pop the tiny, tiny bottles out fo their places.  Horrible gift and certain it came from flea market.  

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
11 moms liked this

Picture this...9yo

Christmas eve ...the tree has what seems like a million presents under it.  The biggest has my name on it.  ..its hard, everyone has touched it and tried guessing what it could be.  We know its in a box and its contained something that isnt heavy.  I guessed swingball..and was bursting to open it, so E.X.C.I.T.E.D!!

fast forward to christmas day.  Opening the presents began after breakfast.  Breakfast gobbled onward!!!!!   

Opening all my presents was slow and I purposely waited to open the big one last....the anticipation was killing EVERYONE hahahahaha.   Edges opened....saw large white box ...hmmmm not swingball...opened the box and ...oh god the deflation ...honestly I think you could hear all the kids heads collectively saying "wtf is that!?!?"

A lifesized hand knitted blue and white clown with a crazed skewered look due to the wool being pulled to one size.

That fucker haunted me for years!  

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't remember what I wrote last year, but my grandmother (God rest her soul) would buy us the nastiest smelling perfume when we were teens. My MIL also made me the ugliest purse ever one year.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg that made me laugh hysterically.

Quoting turtle68:

Picture this...9yo

Christmas eve ...the tree has what seems like a million presents under it.  The biggest has my name on it.  ..its hard, everyone has touched it and tried guessing what it could be.  We know its in a box and its contained something that isnt heavy.  I guessed swingball..and was bursting to open it, so E.X.C.I.T.E.D!!

fast forward to christmas day.  Opening the presents began after breakfast.  Breakfast gobbled onward!!!!!   

Opening all my presents was slow and I purposely waited to open the big one last....the anticipation was killing EVERYONE hahahahaha.   Edges opened....saw large white box ...hmmmm not swingball...opened the box and ...oh god the deflation ...honestly I think you could hear all the kids heads collectively saying "wtf is that!?!?"

A lifesized hand knitted blue and white clown with a crazed skewered look due to the wool being pulled to one size.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor 

Quoting turtle68:

Picture this...9yo

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandma gave an blue sweater with a kitten playing with a ball of yarn when I was 12. She also gave me earrings, my ears weren't pierced.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I can't remember what I wrote last year, but my grandmother (God rest her soul) would buy us the nastiest smelling perfume when we were teens. My MIL also made me the ugliest purse ever one year.

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it would have to be a $5 gift card for a store I never went into,and had never heard of....thanks little nannie lol
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

A Close Encounters of the Third Kind board game with a bar of soap mysteriously wrapped on top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN