Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy brag, can't help it! I'm so proud of her! What's your momma brag? (We need a break from the political and religious stuff)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 129 Replies
15 moms liked this

My middle DD is a gymnast. BOMBED! I mean BOMBED her meet last weekend. Worst score ever on two events and lowest all around score of her short career. I'll be honest. I was pretty upset. Mostly because of the amount of time she spends training every week. I was shocked. I didn't show her I was upset, and my sister was visiting from Vegas who is a gym coach and told me to chill. Seriously though, she looked like she'd never stepped foot in a gym before much less be a competitive gymnast. 

However! Today was the State Qualifier and she NAILED IT! 36.52 all round! So proud and happy for her! In addition,  her team as a whole took all top all around scores! YAY! State here we come! 

Before 

AFTER!

Whats your momma brag for the month? I want to be happy with you! ;) 

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM

That's great!  Wasn't she really last week?  That might have been why she didn't do as well as you would have liked her to do.  

1FiestyFem
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
AWESOME! I love seeing posts like these.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Yeah she was. And still is to be honest. I had to stop three times on the way down this AM because she had to run to the bathroom. No puking, just the other. We do have an appointment Monday at the Children's hospital for a work up. My sister and BIL (he's a nurse anesthetist) think she may have anxiety like my sister and it presents itself in digestive issues. I'm hoping that's the case. ;) 

Quoting katy_kay08:

That's great!  Wasn't she really last week?  That might have been why she didn't do as well as you would have liked her to do.  

stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to her! 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I need others to momma brag so I can smile and be happy for them! I'm tired of posts where we can't find common ground. I want to see happy stuff!! I don't care what it is, even if it's just a cute picture or something funny. We all need it! Fur babies, kiddos, hubby's, wives, so's, I know you have it! SHARE! ;) 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Awesome! I don't know what that score means, but woo! Congrats to her :)

JTROX
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
7 moms liked this

My son was awarded a large college scholarship for his grades and ACT score.  Woohoo!

He also had his first varsity bowling match of the season yesterday.  Individually he bowled very well and his team won by over 700 points!

billsfan1104
by Jules on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
8 moms liked this
Well this might not be a mommy brag, but I am proud of my daughter.
My daughter is having a tough time in school, to the point she was doing really really poor in three classes. She brought those grades from 30s to 70s in 5 weeks. She is usually an honor rol student, but just had a tough time. She is doing so much better now.
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! She looks just like you, very pretty.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
9 moms liked this

I learned today that my almost 5 year old son has a vey giving nature. He was very excited to help me pack up food to give to the needy. And now he wants to give our brownies to all of our neighbors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured