Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So suprised

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
This weekend we had one of our son's friend from his old school who still lives in the apts we moved from over. Now she is a tall girl for her age and slim. She has low self estem whete she thinks of herself as fat. I try to tell her different and since her mom is not in her life at all she has really no one to look up to. It is just her and her dad.
Now we have been bless with a home which the landlord wants to sell to us and a car that was needed to get my hubby to work and yo run errands. Again i say bless cause none of this was by luck. Everything was good friday and saturday. They played, watched movies and caught up. They had not seen each othet since a week before school started in august. Come sunday and while in church he starts to call the girl names. Now we don't spank him, and i tried to hold my tongue because he kept calling her this name while i was talking to someone. I was so ashame. I don't want ppl to think this is how i am raising him to be. So i calmly told him to be quiet and stop it. After church i told hubby what he did and he was not happy at all.
When we got home they ate and went outside. While outside he told her not to speak to him anymore cause she got him in trouble. She was upset and ask to call her dad. I told her she didn't and went to ask him why was he being so mean. I get his fame line," i don't know." That's when i had to catch myself and told him no tv,laptop or game sysyem til futher notice. I also took plsying with a boy in our neighborhood from him.
I almost feel i went overboard but i can relate to the little girl. From the height to developing before others. So i would not teach him to be that way. Just don't know. I even threathen to cut his hair.
Do you think i went to far or not far enough?
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
How old are the kids?

From your post, it sounds like your son was being rude to a girl, then blamed his consequences on the girl. Big red flag to me
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM

So much depends on the age of these kids.

Why do you say she has nobody to look up to? She has her father.

I do feel you went overboard with punishment, as you removed things that have nothing to do with his behaviour. You know, cause and effect. Action, reaction. But it's your choice how to raise your kids. I would remove him from all people until he learns how to treat them. Obviously school/church is a must, but nothing beyond that. It was an infraction towards another person, not a gaming machine, or TV, or his hair.

Tay1977
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
He is ten and she is eleven. I know she has her father but has told me that when it comes to certain things like friends and her feelings she will not talk to him about. I don't over step my boundaries when it comes to her. I just let him know everything she has told me so he has a heads up.

With our son nothing gets trough to him unless we take the stuff he loves the most which is video games or TV or his hair. Which I know he gets that from his dad. I just don't want him to think he is better than his friend who before wanted her apart of everything now it is like he has changed which is not good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)