Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty is being called out for his past

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 103 Replies

My question is can anyone look at this man and not know he has had a past?

In my feed from somewhere it reads 25 Lies About Duck Dynasty or something like that.  Most were things I assumed *shrug*

So I ask again is this the face of a man without "a past"?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

LOL

Can you tell if someone had a "past" from their face???

3lilmonsters88
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM
14 moms liked this
Everyone has a past and anyone who tries to claim otherwise is lying. Phil became a better man for his family and raised a great group of kids. I don't care about his past because that's exactly what it is the PAST.
JTROX
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
17 moms liked this

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Yes to an extent.  There are very few people I have met hardened by life that didnt show it in their faces.  As for Phil he has the eyes of a drinker there is a hardness not acquired in the swamp.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Everyone has a past and anyone who tries to claim otherwise is lying. Phil became a better man for his family and raised a great group of kids. I don't care about his past because that's exactly what it is the PAST.

I agree.

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Yes to an extent.  There are very few people I have met hardened by life that didnt show it in their faces.  As for Phil he has the eyes of a drinker there is a hardness not acquired in the swamp.

Interesting.

I am getting better at seeing "meth face", but other than that, I don't know if I can tell someone's past by what they look like.

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM
What is in his past?
tifferie
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
It was out in the book that he used to be a horrible alcoholic.
JessieBriseno
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone has a past, and if you choose to bank off of the reality show nonsense, you should expect that past to come out. It's all fine and dandy when there's all this good stuff written about these people and the moment everyone realizes they aren't perfect and that they're human, people are all shocked. People are so easy.
IandLoveandYou
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
As in that.....he's old?

Lol..naw, I get what you're saying. He does look a little "hardened". Not that we should judge him on his past...people can always turn around and start fresh.

So....based on the person he is NOW... I'm not a fan, lol. I don't understand how people buy into 'reality' TV when it's of course, oh so obviously bullshit. It amuses me even more when people get into the whole "I don't watch reality TV, but suck dynasty (that was a typo but I'm sticking with it) is different".

No..no it's not different, it's just aimed at different target audience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)