Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Neighbors

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have occasional bouts of insomnia and my downstairs neighbor apparently doesn't because he is currently snoring up a freaking storm. Neither one of us have our windows open. I do not know how he can sleep through his own snoring!

Tell me about your annoying neighbors.
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auntyag
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
They complained to me about cutting down the blackberry bushes in my own yard because they wanted them to stay because deer would come eat them.
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I usually win the "worst neighbor" award.

My neighbor is completely insane.  When he moved in, they were completely unfriendly, wouldn't respond to "hello", etc.  My block was full of families that were hanging out a lot, we'd do block parties, backyard barbecues, the kids would be playing in the street, etc.  This neighbor, if the kids were playing in the street, would stand in the driveway and videotape them, and glare.  When people would come to visit my house, he would stand on his driveway, drop whatever he was doing, and give them the death glare as they walked up to my door, until they disappeared.  I had a mom call me after dropping off her daughter for a playdate and asking me not to let the girls play in the front yard because he unnerved her so badly.

When my daughter turned 16 we had a backyard pool party for about a  dozen teens.  My neighbor had planted bamboo along the fenceline.  The kids were in the pool, and when they looked up, among the bamboo, my neighbor had put a doll head on a pole, with gouged out eyes, so it was like a disembodied blind head among the bamboo hanging over the pool.  The kids freaked out and I called the police.  The police interviewed him and this nutjob admitted he did it on purpose to scare the kids, that he saw a doll thrown in the garbage one day while driving, stopped his car and garbage picked it with the idea he'd do that one day.  Police wrote him up for harrassment.

I could go on and on about him, but you get the picture.....

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn! Bat shit crazy

Quoting romalove:

My neighbor is completely insane.  When he moved in, they were completely unfriendly, wouldn't respond to "hello", etc.  My block was full of families that were hanging out a lot, we'd do block parties, backyard barbecues, the kids would be playing in the street, etc.  This neighbor, if the kids were playing in the street, would stand in the driveway and videotape them, and glare.  When people would come to visit my house, he would stand on his driveway, drop whatever he was doing, and give them the death glare as they walked up to my door, until they disappeared.  I had a mom call me after dropping off her daughter for a playdate and asking me not to let the girls play in the front yard because he unnerved her so badly.

When my daughter turned 16 we had a backyard pool party for about a  dozen teens.  My neighbor had planted bamboo along the fenceline.  The kids were in the pool, and when they looked up, among the bamboo, my neighbor had put a doll head on a pole, with gouged out eyes, so it was like a disembodied blind head among the bamboo hanging over the pool.  The kids freaked out and I called the police.  The police interviewed him and this nutjob admitted he did it on purpose to scare the kids, that he saw a doll thrown in the garbage one day while driving, stopped his car and garbage picked it with the idea he'd do that one day.  Police wrote him up for harrassment.

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

The old man next door to me has made several passive aggressive comments about my garbage bin. I live on a cul-de-sac with a bunch of elderly people who only produce 1 bag of garbage a week. I have a toddler that shits his diaper 3 times a day on average and I need a bin for my weekly trash. Apparently my trash bin in front of my house on Friday mornings are an eyesore compared to all the the single trash bags on the rest of the street.

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Fortunately, I don't have any annoying neighbors at present.

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, and about your snoring neighbor:  you might want to talk to him about that.  It could be a serious medical condition and if he's ignoring it (or doesn't know about it) it could be dangerous.  I'm thinking of sleep apnea in particular.

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Oh, I know about that. He left for work before I got up this morning.

Quoting FrogSalad:

Oh, and about your snoring neighbor:  you might want to talk to him about that.  It could be a serious medical condition and if he's ignoring it (or doesn't know about it) it could be dangerous.  I'm thinking of sleep apnea in particular.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I have one tat lets his dogs roam the neighborhood. They get into garbage, shit on everyons lawns and one is mean, I hate it. Everyone else ties, leashes or fences their dogs. One is a nasty litle bitch, id like to kick her teeth out., She will come into MY driveway and growls and barks at my father!! I called the dog warden on him and he kept them home for a while, but now they are starting to roam again. About time to get the pellet gun out.

lga1965
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG !

Quoting romalove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in the country.  Houses in our community are on .5- 5 acre lots.  It.  Is.  Awesome!

Only see neighbors when we want to and have our privacy to swim in our pool without yards on top of each other, play yard games till 2am with friends, firepit and play guitar/sing till 4 am, etc...  Love it!

Best Decision we ever made moving out here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)