Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slightly OT: Who has gone to see Catching Fire already?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 25 Replies

My daughter and I were supposed to go this afternoon at 3:30 to the IMAX, but our weather has just taken a turn for the crap-tastic. Did anyone go at midnight last night, or some time today? What  did you think?

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
No one to watch my kids. :(
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Awwww, that is too bad, I'm sorry. :-(

I used to do midnight showings when my daughter was a baby, just because it was the best time to go, both Daddy and Baby were sleeping. Now, my daughter is older and I gave up midnight showings 3 Twilights ago. I'm too old for that stuff now, if I'm up until 2 or 3 am I pay for it for a week straight.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I will just wait until it comes out on dvd.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Awwww, that is too bad, I'm sorry. :-(

I used to do midnight showings when my daughter was a baby, just because it was the best time to go, both Daddy and Baby were sleeping. Now, my daughter is older and I gave up midnight showings 3 Twilights ago. I'm too old for that stuff now, if I'm up until 2 or 3 am I pay for it for a week straight.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

A poster in another group went to see it last night and said it was great and much better than the first. I'm planning on taking the boys to see it tonight, crowds willing. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I'm so bummed, and I'm out $20 for pre-ordered tickets, but within the last 5 minutes I have just watched my north facing windows completely glaze over with ice. Hopefully we can see it tomorrow, but I'm still out $20. :-(

Quoting lizzielouaf:

A poster in another group went to see it last night and said it was great and much better than the first. I'm planning on taking the boys to see it tonight, crowds willing. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Lame! It's really freezing cold here. My son called this morning saying the road outside his dorm was really icy so he may have a hard time making it off base. I just may have to go see it without the kids lol. If I got I'll let ya know how it is but hopefully you'll get to see it tomorrow. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I'm so bummed, and I'm out $20 for pre-ordered tickets, but within the last 5 minutes I have just watched my north facing windows completely glaze over with ice. Hopefully we can see it tomorrow, but I'm still out $20. :-(

Quoting lizzielouaf:

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I didn't even see Hunger Games yet.

Of course, I didn't see any of the Twilight movies either.

I'm good with that.  :-)

stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

We were supposed to go tonight for my son's birthday but my daughter had to work. I hope we get to see it soon. Although I really disliked how they had to chop up the book in the first movie in order to fit it into one movie, I still found it entertaining. Though I would think the significance of many things are lost without having read the book. 

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I heard it's better than the first one ,too. I am looking forward to seeing it. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM
The Hunger Games trilogy is NOTHING like Twilight!! Nothing!

I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies, and won't, the books were bad and the movies look worse.

THG, on the other hand are excellent books and the first movie was good, not great, but good.

I'm taking my older two boys (15 & 11) to see Catching Fire next weekend. Hubs is going to Michigan to watch the Wolverines play Ohio State, so we're going to a movie. I can't wait!!!!

Quoting romalove:

I didn't even see Hunger Games yet.

Of course, I didn't see any of the Twilight movies either.

I'm good with that.  :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured