Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rialto Walmart Thanksgiving brawl sends one police officer to hospital

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 22 Replies

Rialto Walmart Thanksgiving brawl sends one police officer to hospital

RIALTO >> Police officers descended on Walmart in Rialto after a brawl between two men injured a police officer who tried to break up the fight Thursday night.

The injured officer was transported to St. Bernardine Medical Center in San Bernardino with a broken wrist, police officials said.

A Walmart manager said the doors were originally scheduled to open at 8 p.m. but with the more than 3,000 people in line they made the decision to open the doors early, which police said led to the melee.

Police said there were three fights total shortly after 7 p.m. at the store at 1610 S. Riverside Ave., two of which were inside over merchandise and the third outside that caused injury to the officer.

Colton police along with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s helicopter assisted Rialto officers with the incident.

All of the people involved in the fights were taken into custody, but one of the men involved in the fight outside was arrested for suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. Police said he was allegedly kicking the other man in the head when he was down on the ground.

Walmart corporate officials said safety of customers and employees is the greatest importance.

“The fight at the Rialto store was an unfortunate and isolated incident to an otherwise very safe event,” corporate spokeswoman Betsy Harden said. “Providing our customers with the best and safest shopping experience is always our top priority.”

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownmom03
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM
A very safe event? I think Betsy Hardin needs to get her head out of the clouds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Of coarse its in Berdoo.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM

This shit is insane. I've seen crap from all over. It gets worse every year. Ridiculous. 

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I'll admit, I'm concerned that one year somebody is going to shoot up walmart.
scary. I don't go.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

This shit is insane. I've seen crap from all over. It gets worse every year. Ridiculous. 

honey27
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Rialto is ghetto they should of known it was gonna pop off their. I'm not surprised.
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM
A friend of mine works at Walmart and last night two people got arrested and one person left by ambulance.
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Instead of standing by for real emergencies on Thanksgiving day, and possibly sharing a turkey dinner with fellow officers between patrols, the opening of "Black friday" on Thanksgiving has added stress to the already stressful essential workforce. But who gives a shit because those retail workers could use the holiday pay. People who use the fact that emergency and essential professionals always work holidays to defend these stupid sales starting on a holiday don't seem to realize the unnecessary burden they place on those essential services. I have worked holiday duty as an essential service. I am not the only one of my kind that is appalled by Thanksgiving shoppers and retail sales.
tanyainmizzou
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't love anyone enough to deal with that.

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-chaos-and-carnage-of-black-friday-2013-1473472104
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband always points out that these people are fighting to give their money to the store. It's not even like it's free...they are buying something! Is it really worth fighting to pay money for something?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN