Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Paul Walker, UPDATE 12/2/13

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 113 Replies

Here is TMZ's twitter page but I can't get onto their site.

Anyone know anything?

LINK

UPDATE- it's true

TMZ

From ABC's website

'Fast and Furious' Star Paul Walker Killed in Crash

PHOTO: Actor Paul Walker walks the runway during Sao Paulo Fashion Week, March 21, 2013, in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Paul Walker, an actor perhaps best known for his roles in the "Fast and Furious" films died today in a car crash, his rep told ABC News. He was 40 years old.

"Sadly I must confirm that Paul did pass away this afternoon," Ame Van Iden said in an email.

Though the rep gave no more details, entertainment web site TMZ reported that Walker was in a Porsche when the driver lost control and crashed the vehicle into a tree.

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station confirmed in a statement to Us Weekly that there were two fatalities in a traffic collision at approximately 3:30 p.m. Saturday.

UPDATE

The exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained. 

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

We're told the $500,000 Carrera GT was NOT modified and was driven rarely so they believe any failure must be a factory defect.

As one source put it ... "Roger was a world class driver" -- and while he might have been speeding (as cops have said) ... the notion he just lost control is preposterous.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The link on TMZ's Twitter page just keeps 'thinking' so I'm guessing too many people are looking this up.

I read that he was at a car show at his shop in Santa Clarita, Ca..about 45 minutes from me, and took a friend out for a drive is his new Porsche, wrapped it around a phone pole and exploded.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Finally got thru on TMZ...looks like it's true.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Hoax
Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
It's a hoax, or so the interwebz tells me. But who knows? All the celebrity sites seem to be not working to confirm or deny.
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

It's a hoax, or so the interwebz tells me. But who knows? All the celebrity sites seem to be not working to confirm or deny.

I finally got thru on TMZ, can't post the article but linked it in the op.

Appears to be true.

connorsmom2009
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/paul-walker-dead-40-fast-furious-actor-dies-023500164-us-weekly.html

Steph1499
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Its a hoax.  I read the tmz but then looked at another site and they said its not true.

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Interesting. I can't get to TMZ and no other site that I'd consider "reputable" for celebrity gossip (irony) is showing anything. I believe you though.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I finally got thru on TMZ, can't post the article but linked it in the op.

Appears to be true.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting connorsmom2009:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/paul-walker-dead-40-fast-furious-actor-dies-023500164-us-weekly.html

It it's a hoax, whoever is behind it is good. TMZ might be cheesy but it owned and run by an attorney and they rarely get it wrong.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

who is Paul Walker?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured