Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What makes them more credible?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 20 Replies
The whole Paul Walker situation had me baffled.

A lot of people were like "it's not credible until CNN post it"

What makes CNN more credible than say Fox or ABC?

Do you wait until its on CNN before you believe whatever it is that is going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't take Fox News channel as news but abc and other news outlets tend to lay it out there. Personally I love Brian Williams true journalist anchorman in the 21st century.
RitaTequila531
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Edit - I watch for the newspapers because i know if they say something and it turns out not to be true,
there are serious consequences.
I'm still shocked that Whitney and MJ are gone. Shoot, I'm still in denial about Luther Vandross :0(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

For myself, none of our media is particularly credible. Based on what I've seen from some others, they consider the source that agrees with them the most to be the most reliable.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RitaTequila531:

I watch for the newspapers

I'm still socked that Whitney and MJ are gone. Shoot, I'm still in denial about Luther Vandross :0(

I'm still not over River Phoenix.

RitaTequila531
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Me neither!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting RitaTequila531:

I'm still socked that Whitney and MJ are gone. Shoot, I'm still in denial about Luther Vandross :0(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Honestly, I take almost any other media outlet over Fox.. simply because of past issues... 

but, I don't find most american media outlets to be very credible

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RitaTequila531:

Me neither!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting RitaTequila531:

I still remember when and where I learned he had died. Such a great talent, he had so much left to do but he had to be a dumbass about it. I get a box of kleenex and watch Running on Empty at least once a year.

RitaTequila531
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
:0( *big hugs*

Quoting Friday:

Quoting RitaTequila531:

Me neither!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting RitaTequila531:

I still remember when and where I learned he had died. Such a great talent, he had so much left to do but he had to be a dumbass about it. I get a box of kleenex and watch Running on Empty at least once a year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting briellesmomma:

What makes CNN more credible than say Fox or ABC

As far as I'm aware (and I don't watch it myself), the facts mentioned in the straight news reporting sements on Fox are no more likely to be inaccurate than those of any other main news channel.

The issues come with the selection of which facts to report or leave out, the interpretation put upon those facts, and the opinion pieces - the net result of which are to leave the average viewer more ignorant (and deluded) than viewers of other news channels.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Well they are all getting worse imo. Clairwill really nailed the fox issue and the same would go for msnbc.
But thr real problem is that lately, it is more important to get the latest news first than check to make sure it is accurate. There is a lot of using other news outlets as sources and nit checking the story at all. And pulling stuff off of twitter, etc. It's not sj much that they use these as sources but that they don't check before releasing and promoting the story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)