Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman Steals Car With Kids Inside

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
  • 0 Replies

Woman Steals Car With Kids Inside: Police

By NBC10.com Staff and Wire Reports
|  Sunday, Dec 1, 2013  |  Updated 12:07 AM EST
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

NBC10- Nefertiti Jaquez

Philadelphia Police say a Good Samaritan stopped a woman from getting away in a stolen car with a 10-month-old and 14-year-old girl on board. NBC10's Nefertiti Jaquez talked to witnesses who described what happened.

Woman Steals Car with 2 Kids on...« »

Philadelphia police say a woman stole a Cadillac that had a 10-month-old and a 14-year-old girl inside.

Investigators say the mother of those children had just pulled up to her own mother's house on East Firth Street in North Philadelphia to see a strange woman sitting on the steps.

When the mother got out of her SUV to tell the woman to leave, authorities say that stranger allegedly jumped in the front seat and hit the gas.

Frank Shipley lives nearby and heard the commotion.

"Hearing that lady screaming for her baby, you know what I mean, it was like piercing. I didn't even think, I just reacted," said Shipley.

Shipley cornered the suspect, who police identify as 22-year-old Minnie Collins, a few blocks away at Frankford and Cumberland Avenues.

"I checked on the baby right on the struggle happened. The baby was awake in there, just wide-eyed, just laying in the car seat," said Shipley.

Shipley held Collins down on the ground until officers arrived to arrest her.

Collins is facing a long list of charges including kidnapping, carjacking, robbery and reckless endangerment.

Link to video  V       V

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Woman-Steals-Car-With-Kids-Inside-Police-233938991.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured