Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Anti-vax for pets?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 180 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am curious: do all these anti-vaxers on this site also refuse to vaccinate their pets? Even for rabies? And if you do vaccinate them, how do you justify vaxing pets but not children, who are supposedly more important to you?

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

O_o

popcorn

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
We only do 1 vax of rabies, distemper, parvo.
No boosters, no heartworm/flea pills or drops, we do not nueter.
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Do you booster for rabies?

And nothing for ticks? gesh- I would be over-run with ticks if not for the treatment.

Quoting EireLass: We only do 1 vax of rabies, distemper, parvo.
No boosters, no heartworm/flea pills or drops, we do not nueter.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I get necessary vaccines. I think a large difference is what is common to your area and how often your pet gets out. Our dogs do not leave our property, ever. We get them rabies. We worm because they eat wild animals. We will go get them all the other vaccines that are suggested every other year. However, that's it. We don't do flea or tick treatment as that's not an issue for us. We don't get the kennel cough vaccine as that's not an issue for us.

Our dogs are not exposed to things like our children are. That's the biggest difference.

DragonInfinity
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I vax my kids. But my dogs only get the yearly rabies shot.

daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Easy.. I love my pets, but if they are injured or killed by a vaccine, it would suck, but my world wouldn't stop.  My cats are only going to live maybe 20 yrs, and if they are mentally delayed, or end up with cancer, it would suck, (well, I've had a mentally delayed cat, and it really isn't much different from a regular cat), it would suck.  However, your comparing pets.. to children.. is it really that difficult for you to see the difference between the two?  Do you think that someone that vaccinates their pets and not their child's, must values their pets lives over their children?  Not so at all, the other way around.  It is my stance that vaccines cause more harm then good, to not just the individuals, but will cause more harm to the over all population over time.  I hold my kid's health in much higher regard then that of my cats. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

We vaccinate both in this house.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Quoting daughteroftruth:

Easy.. I love my pets, but if they are injured or killed by a vaccine, it would suck, but my world wouldn't stop.  My cats are only going to live maybe 20 yrs, and if they are mentally delayed, or end up with cancer, it would suck, (well, I've had a mentally delayed cat, and it really isn't much different from a regular cat), it would suck.  However, your comparing pets.. to children.. is it really that difficult for you to see the difference between the two?  Do you think that someone that vaccinates their pets and not their child's, must values their pets lives over their children?  Not so at all, the other way around.  It is my stance that vaccines cause more harm then good, to not just the individuals, but will cause more harm to the over all population over time.  I hold my kid's health in much higher regard then that of my cats. 

Mentally delayed cat?
daughteroftruth
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quoting 12hellokitty:
Quoting daughteroftruth:

Mentally delayed cat?

it was a politically nice way of putting it.  He was brain damaged.  I'm not saying it as a joke, he literally had brain damage.  He had a head injury, survived but was mentally delayed after that. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I have.

I will again when I am able to have a pet again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)