Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tempe police arrest two teens for conspiracy to commit murder

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 33 Replies
Tempe police arrest two teens for conspiracy to commit murder

Posted on December 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe police say they have arrested two teenagers on charges of conspiracy to commit murder.
The suspects are a 15-year-old male and his 17-year-old female friend.
Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says the 15-year-old male wanted to have his grandmother killed, with the assistance of the female friend. Police say that female continued to claim that that she could have the grandmother killed.
According to police, the pair wanted to make the killing look like an accident.
Police were notified when someone saw the young man's Facebook page, which he had accidentally left open while using a computer.
Police say the teen stated he wanted his grandmother dead because he was tired of being in trouble and being disciplined by her.
Both juveniles were arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit Murder, a class one felony. At this time their names are will not be given as they are juveniles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Dumbasses
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm so tired of hearing stories of our youth that are this depraved. Where did we go wrong?! 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

well glad they were caught in time. I wonder how they will like state discipline? LOL

Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM

yikes.  so glad they were caught before committing.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it starts with pretending it doesn't matter at all who is taking care of them when they're young... and handing them off to interchangeable adult-units for their entire development.

What do you think causes it?

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I'm so tired of hearing stories of our youth that are this depraved. Where did we go wrong?! 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I think you have a really good point. I do believe it's who's raising them. However, how many are actually handed off, and if that number is significant, why? Why are they handed off? If they are, what has become of society where we think this is acceptable?  I'm just so sick of seeing this behavior in general, but specifically with today's youth. Some like to claim it isn't on the rise, it's just more public. I think that is BS. Part of the reason I'm no longer interested in teaching again is because of the way youth behaves today, but more so because of the people who would rather dismiss this behavior and make excuses, than fix it. They are the problem that keeps progressing this line of behavior and actions. Why do we spend more time trying to justify said behavior and "understand it" than punishing it and not making it acceptable period? It blows my mind. 

Quoting LindaClement:

I think it starts with pretending it doesn't matter at all who is taking care of them when they're young... and handing them off to interchangeable adult-units for their entire development.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM

The vast majority of kids now are in daycare even from early infancy, very often with staff that changes jobs as often as new kids arrive, to go on to schools where teachers come and go and there's a different one every year, and teens who babysit, and 'program' leaders who work for a while, and coaches who change year after year, or different teams or lessons or tutors...

In families where, as often as not, the siblings and parents change every few years... to add to the moving every couple of years, even a couple of miles which changes all the familiar people around them.

I know the behaviour isn't on the rise, but where it happens it is often SO much better armed than it once was... the level of anger is SO much higher, and the kids affected are no longer only from the lowest stratas of society. 'Good' families have enraged, violent, out-of-control children and they very often have no idea why, because (to their minds) their kids are living a 'very normal' life --even if it's nothing at all like their own childhoods and worlds apart from their parents'.

Punishment doesn't work --at all. It never has.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I think you have a really good point. I do believe it's who's raising them. However, how many are actually handed off, and if that number is significant, why? Why are they handed off? If they are, what has become of society where we think this is acceptable?  I'm just so sick of seeing this behavior in general, but specifically with today's youth. Some like to claim it isn't on the rise, it's just more public. I think that is BS. Part of the reason I'm no longer interested in teaching again is because of the way youth behaves today, but more so because of the people who would rather dismiss this behavior and make excuses, than fix it. They are the problem that keeps progressing this line of behavior and actions. Why do we spend more time trying to justify said behavior and "understand it" than punishing it and not making it acceptable period? It blows my mind. 

Quoting LindaClement:

I think it starts with prete nding it doesn't matter at all who is taking care of them when they're young... and handing them off to interchangeable adult-units for their entire development.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Financial reasons, most people have there kids in daycare at a young age because either two incomes are needed in a family or there is only one parent in the home.

in 1940-50's one parent worked because you could make a living without a college degree much easire than you can today.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I think it is the I wanna be friends with my kid, they don't get discipline or learn boundaries, then when they are put in an environment where rules are in place and there is punishments stuff like this happens. There also has to be be some underlying situation that has not been addressed

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Well I think the fact that he's obviously being raised by his grandmothers says something about what went wrong here. Where are his parents? What happend there?

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)