Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

13 year old girl suspended for 10 days for calling radio show about a "game" being played at her school. "A$$ Slap, and now Vagina check"

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was listening to our local Hot 101.5 radio show yesterday AM. A Coleman Middle school student in South Tampa, called in and told the morning show about an ongoing game called Ass-Slap Friday, and now the newest in these games called "Vagina Check" which involves boys slapping or trying to grab girls vaginas. I was disgusted as any mom would be and even questioned my own oldest daughter when she got home if anything like this went on at her school. She said no.

NOW this AM while driving my girls to school I turned on the radio to hear the mom of this girl on the radio while driving to the Hillsborough County's Superintendents office. Her daughter was detained upon arriving at school yesterday morning after the schools phones rang off the hook with concerned parents in response to hearing what was happening at school. This child was kept in the office and out of class all day, and was then suspended for 10 days. The reason given? "Causing a Disturbance". 

I cannot even fathom what that Principal  was thinking. That poor mom was livid and has every right to be. The news stations here have yet to get a hold of this story, or haven't had time to get a write up done on it yet. I'll update when I hear more, and you know there will be. How they thought it was ok to detain this girl in the office and question her all day is inconceivable. Suspending her for telling the truth about a sexually harassing "game" these kids are dealing with? If they thought she caused a PR problem, they are going to love the PR problem this moron Principal caused by not doing his job. I'm just disgusted. I hope that mom has all heads on a platter by the end of the day. 

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Principals info. 

Principal
Mr. Michael Hoskinson
Extension 222
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

hot. 101.5 FB post on it. 

13 year-old girl called yesterday to talk about a new middle school game kids are playing called "Vagina Check." Concerned parents called the school after they heard her call and she has now been suspended for 10 days for causing a disturbance!! We've got her mom on the phone now!!
  • Linda Lemieux I am not surprised this kind of behavior is happening in our schools because my daughters had the same problems in middle school more than 10 yrs ago.
    Boys thought it was funny to grab or slap a girl's ass and grab or pinch their boobs.
    Why aren't parents teaching their sons how to behave properly and their daughters not to accept this behaviour!!!
    Like · Reply · 13 · about an hour ago via mobile
  • Nichole Miliano So sad the school is punishing her!! If they were so inconvenienced yesterday by the phone calls and emails we should do the same today and tell them how ridiculous it is they are punishing her for coming out like that!!! Bullying is a huge issue right now and we are encouraging our kids to let people know when things like this happen. Suspending a girl for doing that does not send the right message to our children.
    Like · Reply · 9 · about an hour ago via mobile
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

wow-the school is all salty because the girl outed a problem that clearly the school does not have under control! Disgusting

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM

My jaw was on the floor. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

Quoting LNLMommy:

wow-the school is all salty because the girl outed a problem that clearly the school does not have under control! Disgusting

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

10 days? I mean one day is inexcusable but 10 days is just down right ridiculous. I hate cover-ups.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting LNLMommy:

jllcali
by Jane on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this
Unless she forced her way into the principal's office and used his phone, I don't see why she should be punished for outing this game.

I don't think there was a name for it, but this sort of thing happened when I was a kid. Boys tried to grab ass, snap bras, lift girl's shirts, etc.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Yep. The radio host asked what she'd say if the Superintendent decided to change it to one day, and she said I won't accept any days. As it is this child is home today while her mom goes to fight it. Unreal. 

Quoting LNLMommy:

10 days? I mean one day is inexcusable but 10 days is just down right ridiculous. I hate cover-ups.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting LNLMommy:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM

She called from home before school started. Middle school starts much later here than elementary or HS. She was detained the second she set foot on campus. 

Quoting jllcali: Unless she forced her way into the principal's office and used his phone, I don't see why she should be punished for outing this game.

I don't think there was a name for it, but this sort of thing happened when I was a kid. Boys tried to grab ass, snap bras, lift girl's shirts, etc.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My daughter told me about this last year and she had a fall out with one of her friends over it. She told her friend do not slap my ass and the friend did it anyway...DD was PISSED.

Anyway...this principal is an idiot.

jllcali
by Jane on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That is complete bullshit

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

She called from home before school started. Middle school starts much later here than elementary or HS. She was detained the second she set foot on campus. 

Quoting jllcali: Unless she forced her way into the principal's office and used his phone, I don't see why she should be punished for outing this game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)