Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Feminist Rant: Sarah Palin You ‘Haven’t Heard From One Feminist’ – HERE I AM!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 66 Replies
4 moms liked this

Feminist Rant: Sarah Palin You ‘Haven’t Heard From One Feminist’ – HERE I AM!

Palin

Sarah Palin appeared on FOX & Friends to discuss the fact that Martin Bashir has resigned from his show on MSNBC over the comments he made about the half-term Republican Governor from Alaska.

In their conversation, a few things were mentioned that I simply cannot ignore. The first is the one the ex, half-term governor made about feminists. She said she hasn’t heard from one since the Bashir comments.

Okay, I’ll bite – not that I believe for one second she would pay attention to me or to Liberals Unite – but I can’t let her untrue statements float around out there without addressing them.

First of all, Bashir did not say that anyone should shit in Palin’s mouth. He was responding to comments by Palin that compared the national debt to slavery. Read what both Bashir and Palin ACTUALLY said HERE.

As you see, this is not a sexist or feminist issue. Sarah Palin can apparently insult an entire race and that’s okay in the GOP handbook. But call her out on it? THAT IS SEXIST!

It is no secret that women in the public eye have to deal with sexism and misogyny.

As a feminist, I am outraged that women – not just conservative women – are objectified, picked on and singled out by the media. I have written about it and I have scolded liberal trolls who visit conservative sites and leave nasty messages. It is wrong, and no matter what anyone’s personal opinions are about a public personality, NO ONE and especially NO WOMAN should have to put up with personal, gender-specific attacks. I am no fan of Palin (AT ALL), and I also get my fair share of hateful comments by Neanderthals, but I will fight against misogyny for ALL WOMEN.

Women are called sluts, lesbians, witches, fat, ugly, whores, and on and on. Political ideology has nothing to do with it. Liberals attack conservative women. Conservatives attack liberal women. Let’s just be clear on that. NO ONE SIDE gets it worse.

Chicks On The Right milked and milked a warning they received on Facebook for a post from earlier this year. They took it all the way to FOX “News” and suggested that conservatives are singled out and held to a different standard on the social media site than liberals. No Chicks, you are wrong. Again. Check out how liberal Facebook pages were actually SHUT DOWN a few months before the Chicks got a mere warning HERE.

It is one LIE that conservatives LOVE to promote.

Steve Doocy said to Pailn “Unfortunately, there’s a double standard with conservatives. In particular, conservative women.” Palin responded with “Oh sure, that’s obvious.”

OKAY, hold the phone. Shut the front door. Get outta town. NO WAY JOSÉ!

Time to step off of Bullshit Mountain and take a look at REALITY. Part of the reason Sarah Palin is ever singled out, is because of incoherent statements like this one she said regarding attacks on conservative women: “…as I’ve said before, the target of the attack is usually, uh, more significant than what the attack – the articulated words used, actually are. And that’s part of that double standard.”

What???? WTF?

Evidently FOX & Friends haven’t paid attention to what has been said about Hillary Clinton by their Republican friends.

Here are only a few examples – in an endless sea of examples – of conservatives saying horrible things about the next President of the United States.

Hillary buttons were handed out at the GOP convention earlier this year that read: KFC Hillary Special – 2 Fat Thighs. 2 Small Breasts. Left wing.

Radio show host Pete Santilli  said in part,“I want to shoot [Clinton] right in the vagina and I don’t want her to die right away; I want her to feel the pain and I want to look her in the eyes.”

When is Santilli going to resign? When is he going to join the folks on Fox & Friends and talk about what an asshole he is? Hello…? Echo….?

A reminder – when Ed Schultz called Laura Ingraham a “right-wing slut,” he apologized and took anunpaid leave of absence. Martin Bashir RESIGNED.

Here are a few highlights from a Washington Post article titled: Rush Limbaugh’s Obsession With Hillary Clinton:

“In April, Limbaugh mocked Clinton’s title in her role as chief U.S. diplomat, referring to her husband’s infidelities and saying: ‘all she is is a secretary.”’

“He also said in that same radio show that Clinton needed ‘spankles’ more than Spanx. That’s throw-back Limbaugh slang, for when he called Clinton’s ankles ‘cankles.”‘

Are FOX “News” employees asking for an apology from Limbaugh? Are they outraged about his unrelenting tirades over Hillary Clinton No, hahahahahaha. No. They are one-sided and they don’t like to share facts, ever, because that might make them look like a bunch of IDIOTS. But I digress.

So Doocy, Palin and all the rest of the lying conservative liars need to stop promoting these lies. Oh….wait…how will they win keep losing elections if they do that?

When politicians of your party have to attend “Don’t say sexist shit about women” classes, you have a SERIOUS problem. One would have assumed after the Todd Akin “legitimate rape” fiasco, the Party of No would have learned a lesson. But I guess that hateful bigots are too busy being hateful and bigoted to embrace reality.

I am also guessing this isn’t the feminist response Sarah Palin was looking for. Too bad. Truth hurts, eh? Yes, it does hurt and the fact the GOP refuses to accept the truth is WHY they LOSE ELECTIONS!

Sarah, you are a silly joke. It’s not because you’re a woman. It’s not because you are conservative or Republican or that you are a Tea Party member. It’s because you are a legitimate liar and a legitimate loser. It’s glaring.

Oh, and by the way Sarah, Happy Holidays!

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/12/feminist-rant-hello-sarah/

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Is this another left leaner's infatuation with Palin post? 

Lol. 

GLWerth
by Gina on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
14 moms liked this

There is a double standard with conservatives all right. Conservative men can say anything they want about liberal women and all the conservative women high five and laugh.

I recall many, many of the conservatives here laughing and being very happy when that radio guy said he wanted to shoot Hillary in the vagina. They thought it was funny.

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree. I have also read a number of posts here bashing and making fun of Michelle Obama, and Nancy Pelosi. Apparently it is okay to pick on these women, because they are liberal, but the minute someone posts a joke or an article about something silly that Palin, Michelle Bachman or Anne Coulter said, people get defensive. 

Quoting GLWerth:

There is a double standard with conservatives all right. Conservative men can say anything they want about liberal women and all the conservative women high five and laugh.

I recall many, many of the conservatives here laughing and being very happy when that radio guy said he wanted to shoot Hillary in the vagina. They thought it was funny.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM
5 moms liked this

Well good thing right leaning individuals never develop infatuations with politicians or they would be hypocrites. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Never said that.  Just commenting on this post.  Did you read it?  To read someone examine a commentary closer and with more scrutiny than they have examined... Ohhh... Let's say the President of the US?  They are holding Palin more accountable than the fricken POTUS.  Serous disconnect, IMO.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Well good thing right leaning individuals never develop infatuations with politicians or they would be hypocrites. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this

And I'm just commenting on your comment. Yes I read the OP, did you?  I'm left to wonder if you did because you didn't actually comment about the article. Correct?

Quoting jcrew6:

Never said that.  Just commenting on this post.  Did you read it?  To read someone examine a commentary closer and with more scrutiny than they have examined... Ohhh... Let's say the President of the US?  They are holding Palin more accountable than the fricken POTUS.  Serous disconnect, IMO.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
So you've read enough of this persons writings that you can say that? Or you must know the author in some way?

It's a single piece and you are making all kinds of assumptions.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
You hit the nail on the head.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I agree. I have also read a number of posts here bashing and making fun of Michelle Obama, and Nancy Pelosi. Apparently it is okay to pick on these women, because they are liberal, but the minute someone posts a joke or an article about something silly that Palin, Michelle Bachman or Anne Coulter said, people get defensive. 

Quoting GLWerth:

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I subscribe to the daily newsletters from Liberals Unite where Samual Warde/Kim Johnson writes frequently. It's good to read ALL sides.  

Very little/hardly any writings on holding Obama, Pelosi, Reid accountable on this site, or by Warde or Johnson.  So, when this thread popped up, I found it worth noting. 

Quoting ..MoonShine..: So you've read enough of this persons writings that you can say that? Or you must know the author in some way?

It's a single piece and you are making all kinds of assumptions.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I don't find Palin worth discussing.  I am not a fan.  I don't understand why her words matter?

She isn't an elected offical anymore.

I am more concerned with holding those IN our government accountable.  I wish more left leaners were.  

Perhaps we would not be in this ObamaCare fiasco, if left leaners cared as much about accountability of the President as they do scrutinizing Palin.  jmo.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

And I'm just commenting on your comment. Yes I read the OP, did you?  I'm left to wonder if you did because you didn't actually comment about the article. Correct?

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting jcrew6:

Lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)