Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bush's own "selfie" during the memorial service

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (81-90):
Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Makes no sense but like I said whatever. I know what a selfie is no matter where its taken. Its how its take by the person not an aquaitance.

Quoting Paperfishies:

No shit...as far as appropriateness at a memorial, there is no difference between a group of people talking a "selfie" with each other and an acquaintance snapping a picture that you're posing for with someone.

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458: Not really a selfie is the person talking the pic themselves. but believe what you want. They call it a "self"ie for a reason son because your doing it your"self".

Quoting Paperfishies:

Someone posing for a picture is someone posing for a picture, no matter if it's a selfie or if the person sitting next to you takes the pic. 

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458: Umm doesn't look like he took that himself, looks like someone actually TOOK THE PIC OF THEM. Good try though but you failed!

JTROX
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You seem confused.

This is not a "selfie".

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

How is that a selfie?

JTROX
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

His hand is on the camera.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

lmao..what blame??

as for it not being a selfie

Obama didn't take the picture either...he was just in it

Quoting codfish: Does Obama do anything that isn't Bush's fault with you people?

Oh and this is a pic someone took of them, not a selfie.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He was holding on to the camera.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Obama's photo wasn't a "selfie" either. Clearly the atmosphere at Mandela's memorial was more celebratory than solemn. 

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yes, but there are plenty sitting around Obama when his pictures were taken. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I would think politicians/celebrities weren't sitting with general population. Who knows. I'm not offended by any of it because it really does seem like this entire memorial was celebratory.

Quoting DSamuels:

Hmmm, I see EMPTY seats around them. It doesn't look like this was taken during the service.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They are POSING for a PICTURE....they aren't just being photographed sitting there

they are POSING

SMILING

er der

same that Obama was doing

Quoting dustinsmom1:

This is, quite obviously to most of us, not a selfie. It looks like a pic taken by someone covering the memorial. Apples and Oranges, look at Obamas camp still blaming Bush. Lol, laughable at best sweets.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Ya, I guess but I don't know what that means. Apparently it's where people sat after they spoke at the memorial? I just can't get offended or up in arms about it. Of all the material Obama provides for people to criticize, I just can't put this one on the "go for it" list. I"m sure the truth behind this story isn't nearly as fun as the speculation. 

Quoting DSamuels:

Yes, but there are plenty sitting around Obama when his pictures were taken. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I would think politicians/celebrities weren't sitting with general population. Who knows. I'm not offended by any of it because it really does seem like this entire memorial was celebratory.

Quoting DSamuels:

Hmmm, I see EMPTY seats around them. It doesn't look like this was taken during the service.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They are POSING for a PICTURE....they aren't just being photographed sitting there

they are POSING

SMILING

er der

same that Obama was doing

Quoting dustinsmom1:

This is, quite obviously to most of us, not a selfie. It looks like a pic taken by someone covering the memorial. Apples and Oranges, look at Obamas camp still blaming Bush. Lol, laughable at best sweets.

Thbear59
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Is this a selfie?  Looks like someone asked if they could take their picture. 

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Isn't that the truth-especially if you serve two terms! Clinton was so youthful when he first took office. After his first four year-he aged about 10 years. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh: They always do. I swear something about being president sucks the life out of you and then when your out its like yaaaayyy I get my life back

Quoting lizzielouaf:

GW looks much younger and healthier since he left office.

GrettieMeh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM

He had his hand on the camera as if he ws trying to adjust it or point something out.  He was not holding it.  The woman was.

Quoting JTROX:

He was holding on to the camera.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Obama's photo wasn't a "selfie" either. Clearly the atmosphere at Mandela's memorial was more celebratory than solemn. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)