Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What is so offensive about 'Happy Holidays'?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 607 Replies
6 moms liked this

Sorry to make another war on xmas post but I really want to try and understand the logic behind this entire belief that there actually is a war on Christmas in the USA. I'm not looking to bash, just understand the logic and thought process behind this mentality.

Why would anyone be offended at well wishes from others? Why does it matter what retail clerks say or what words stores use in their marketing? Why is the idea of including the other holidays that are celebrated at the end of the year so offensive to some?

If a store advertised a Baby Jesus sale and it included holiday items or gift ideas I wouldn't care less. They could call it the December rip off sale and I would still buy what I wanted.

Why is the idea of other religions, and their holidays, existing and being acknowledged a problem for some people?

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetpea810
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM
6 moms liked this

Its politically correct thats why. and who says happy holidays anyways...lets keep  Christ in Christmas. Also lets keep the pledge of allegiance in schools as well.

SuperChicken
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
11 moms liked this

It doesn't show sufficient disdain for non Christians.  Not nearly exclusionary enough.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
6 moms liked this
I say it all year long. Even on 3 day weekend holidays. I say, "have a nice holiday!". I dont know why its offensive.

I mean, lets be real...its just a way to end a conversation or acknowledge a stranger...its not like youre taking the oath of office ffs.. I
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
67 moms liked this

We really should stop calling it the war in Christmas and call it what it is, a Christian temper tantrum.  

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know. I think it's ridiculous.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM
8 moms liked this
What if I want to combine well wishes for multiple holidays into one quick easy phrase?

Why do you need help from everyone in the country to keep christ in christmas? What if injust want to buy my kid a gift and enjoy the extra days off?

Quoting sweetpea810:

Its politically correct thats why. and who says happy holidays anyways...lets keep  Christ in Christmas. Also lets keep the pledge of allegiance in schools as well.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM

lol

Quoting sweetpea810:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM
16 moms liked this
No, it is respecting people. Your Christ being the reason for YOUR celebration does not make him the reason for everyone's. Do you seriously not understand that?

Quoting sweetpea810:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Well, it's because Christians actually seem to believe that Christmas is a Christian holiday, and how dare you take their religion out of it?!?!

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM
10 moms liked this

He didn't belong there in the first place.  I'm pretty sure he isn't too thrilled that on the biggest Pagan holiday there is, we decided to celebrate his birthday, which was nowhere near December 25th.

Quoting sweetpea810:

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN