Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mother Of Three Hits Back At Fit Mom

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 248 Replies
3 moms liked this
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
5 moms liked this

She is very pretty. I think we should all be promoting health over "ideals." This woman looks perfectly healthy to me. And all the power to the "fit mom." Yay for her. But how boring if we were all the same, right?

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Good for her.

She needs better fitting underwear.

gsmom9
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

The gals i see all thin and fit, have moms,aunts, grandmas and daycare that raise their children. They work part time or not at all, and their husband and,or parents are funding their lifestyle. Im sure there are exceptions to that, but they are few and far between, or your looking at a mom on the brink of a nervous breakdown

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM
10 moms liked this

Oh man, her stomach is wrecked. :-( 

Poor thing. 

I don't understand all of this backlash for fit Moms. Honestly, I don't. I think we all need to get over ourselves. Another woman's fitness and self-esteem is not meant to make others feel bad about their own body. Humans are just apparently insecure creatures. Not every "fit mom" picture needs an opposite response. I could have gone my entire life without seeing this woman's body. This is unnecessary. Do we need to see pictures of other women's wrecked bodies to feel better about our own? It's like reverse self-esteem.

PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM
5 moms liked this

She's very attractive and should be proud of her tummy because those are love wrinkles, as I refer to them.

However, I just do not understand the backlash toward the "fit" Moms that so many in society seem to be extending.

Instead of tearing each other down, as women, we should be building everyone up and no matter if they're rich, poor, fit physically or not.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM
20 moms liked this

Jesus.  Wrecked?  "Could have gone my whole life without seeing..."

You are part of the problem.  This is why women who have stretch marks and extra skin after pregnancy feel the need to show it or else feel terrible about their bodies for the rest of their lives.  Because people like you are disgusted by something that is perfectly natural and normal.  You want to see only perfect bodies?  Too fucking bad, because the vast majority of humanity isn't perfect. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Poor thing. 

I don't understand all of this backlash for fit Moms. Honestly, I don't. I think we all need to get over ourselves. Another woman's fitness and self-esteem is not meant to make others feel bad about their own body. Humans are just apparently insecure creatures. Not every "fit mom" picture needs an opposite response. I could have gone my entire life without seeing this woman's body. This is unnecessary. Do we need to see pictures of other women's wrecked bodies to feel better about our own? It's like reverse self-esteem.

codfish
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM
10 moms liked this
The backlash over "fit mom" was her own doing.

She herself implied other moms are making excuses because she looks as she does.

I find it sad that she and society as a whole make women focus on "getting their bodys back" instead of being healthy and happy.
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you taking this personally? I wasn't talking about you at all.  I don't understand why we need a counter-photo for every photo on the internet. This is ridiculous. Why feel the need to post photos in the first place? If you are happy with yourself, who cares what *I* say, or what anyone else says. 

Society has a self-esteem problem. We also have an "it is what it is" problem. Yes. Her stomach is wrecked. She's probably happy with the end result, her children, but yes, her stomach is wrecked. 

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Jesus.  Wrecked?  "Could have gone my whole life without seeing..."

You are part of the problem.  This is why women who have stretch marks and extra skin after pregnancy feel the need to show it or else feel terrible about their bodies for the rest of their lives.  Because people like you are disgusted by something that is perfectly natural and normal.  You want to see only perfect bodies?  Too fucking bad, because the vast majority of humanity isn't perfect. 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Poor thing. 

nelopyma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I think "fit mom" made her statement in a way that was condescending, but she had a point.  If you want to make something a priority, you will.  If it's not that important to you, then own it and admit it's not a priority.  Over the summer, I was woking out 3 times a week, every week.  No one else raises my kids.  My husband works full-time, I work about 20 hours a week and handle the kids (who are school age).  Now that they're back in school, and we seem to have a lot of stuff going on, working out hasn't been a priority.  I'm planning to change that.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Other women do have excuses. Why do we have a problem just saying it how it is? I'm not saying they aren't good excuses, but excuses they certainly are. People like Maria Kang decide to make the time to work out because it's important to them. Fitness is top on her priority list. If other people wanted to make it top on their priority list, they could look like that too if it is within their body type to do so. If they really wanted to, they could get a tummy tuck and breast lift if it's warranted. It's all about choice. A lot of women decide to devote their time and energy elsewhere, and that is fine. That is their accepatble excuse. 

It's almost turned into fit-shaming, rather than fat-shaming. 

Quoting codfish: The backlash over "fit mom" was her own doing.

She herself implied other moms are making excuses because she looks as she does.

I find it sad that she and society as a whole make women focus on "getting their bodys back" instead of being healthy and happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN