Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think schools should ban girls from wearing yoga pants?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 71 Replies

The high school in my school district is considering uniforms because they are tired of the dress code battle with students. If uniforms don't pass, they want to ban girls from wearing yoga pants to school.

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont care... honestly, as long as they are fully covered, I feel they should be able to wear whatever the hell they want. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I wonder what the kind you're talking about look like. I wear yoga pants every day.....I have about 5 different colors. Depending on the shoes and top, they look nice.
tapies2324
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I would love for the kids to have uniforms!!! Save so much time and money.
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be really good with our district going to uniforms.  I'm personally sick of seeing young boys in shorts when it's 20 freaking degrees outside.  

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
FFS. What is the difference between yoga pants and tight jeans? Teenagers are people and they are going to find a way to express their sexuality no matter what garments you ban. Why are we so concerned about it? Your kid might see a panty outline? OMG!

Humans like each other's bodies. It doesn't matter what covers them. Sheesh.
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM

That's stupid. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

No. If the parents don't have a problem with it too bad for the school.

FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I loved my uniform skirt. Loved not worrying about what to wear, or not having designer jeans, etc. But I know my daughters would never stand for a dress code, LOL!

Presley77
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
So they want to shame girls for their bodies and tell them that they are responsible for others behavior? That's the way it comes across to me. Also why are Americans so damn weird about sex and nudity anyhoo?!?!
btamilee
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I worked at a local High School for 13 years.  Although I am not against yoga pants, I do have to say that some of the girls were trying to get away with nothing more than black pantyhose.  Honestly...they were so tight that you could see the outline of their....well, use your imagination.  Yoga pants should NOT be so tight that it disgusting.  I want to add....they often wore NO underwear....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)