Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

breaking news!!!!CNN - UPDATED

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 35 Replies

Shoppers who used credit cards or debit cards at Target between November 27 and December 15, 2013 may have been hacked, the retailer says. Guests that suspect unauthorized activity should contact Target at 1-866-852-8680.

The U.S. Secret Service is investigating a reported credit card data hack at discount retailer Target, spokesman Brian Leary says. 
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Oooooo...counterfit credit cards...how exciting!
Phylis419
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

no other information was given ... i don't have any cards any longer because this is happening way too much now a days ... smh

Quoting UpSheRises: Oooooo...counterfit credit cards...how exciting!

Phylis419
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Target shoppers' card info stolen over Black Friday

1 hour ago

People shop inside a Target store during Black Friday sales in Brooklyn on Nov. 29. The retailer reportedly had an "extensive" breach of shoppers' credit card information starting that weekend.
ERIC THAYER / Reuters
People shop inside a Target store during Black Friday sales in Brooklyn on Nov. 29. The retailer reportedly had an "extensive" breach of shoppers' credit card information starting that weekend.

Payment card data was stolen from an unknown number of Target customers starting on the busy Black Friday weekend in a major breach at the retailer, according to a person familiar with the matter. 

Investigators believe the data was obtained via software installed on machines that customers use to swipe magnetic strips on their cards when paying for merchandise at Target stores, according to the person who was not authorized to discuss the matter. 

Krebs on Security, a blog that first reported the news, said that breach involved nearly all Target outlets in the United States, citing sources at two credit card issuers. 

The breach could have extended from just after Thanksgiving to Dec. 15, Krebs said, citing evidence from investigators. 

Target representatives did not respond to requests for comment. 

Copyright 2013 Thomson Reuters.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't do credit cards.  If we don't have it, we don't spend it.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I use a reloadable prepaid card. Plus I rarely shop at Target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Hahahaha. I actually did shop at target on Black Friday and used a card. But I used a green dot card. ;)
heather77g
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
all i have now is a prepaid credit card. but that still didnt stop anyone from taking my money... so be careful, no matter what kind of card you have.

there is way to much stealing, hacking, etc going on in this world anymore.
jah26
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Bummer. I have had my credit card information stolen twice. I shopped at Target on Black Friday. 

Mommabearbergh
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
That sucks. I don't do Black Friday.
babie113
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
weird I had an unathorised transaction on my debit card from target in sanfransisco ca ....I live in Missouri never been to ca or target .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)