Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Keeping Christ in Christmas? No thank you.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 140 Replies
14 moms liked this

I don't know if anyone has yet but I'm coining Chris-mas!

The whole keeping Christ in Christmas got me thinking. One, as an Athiest I don't beleive in Christ and two, I don't prounouce the T in Christmas anyway. Honestly, the Holiday for us is all about food, family, friends and most of all, Santa claus! So from now on, Christians can keep Christ and I'll have Chris :-)sleigh

Merry Chrismas everyone!!!!

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh No!  This Atheist loves nativity scenes.  I'm sticking with Christmas :)

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I can get on board with that. Merry Chrismas to you, Pagan.
Motherbird4
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm with you but for the people that do believe it makes the day extra special for them and I'm good with that too !
Bonneata
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Not trying to start shit but your screen name is pagan baby implying that you are pagan meaning you possibly worship more than one god and may or may not be a wiccan. Atheist is no belief in god/goddess. I am just curious. I don't necessarily disagree with you considering Christ wasn't born in December and in fact most of our traditions celebrate the winter solstice and not Christ birth. 

starlite204
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM
4 moms liked this

well thats your choice and no one can argue with that,but i believe in christ it gives me peace of mind when that time comes.

Queenme101
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM
4 moms liked this
I think both sides who argue about this need to find something better to get up in arms about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM
8 moms liked this

I already celebrate "kris" on December 25 and have for the last 43 years. By all means y'all are welcome to celebrate my birthday if you want.  I don't even care how you do it.  ;)

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good to me.  I don't pronounce the T either so why not just get rid of it all together?  Love it!

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
6 moms liked this

I am a 36yo product of 13 years of Catholic Schooling; currently on parole for time served.

I don't really celebrate Christ per se. But I love Christmas Eve. I always roast a lamb. Because it's fucking yummy.
I play Religious Christmas music on Christmas Eve. Because it's pretty. If I drink enough wine; I get moved to tears. Silent Night kills my guts.
We open gifts on Christmas morning with Bailey's in our coffee and I make Prime Rib.

Christ? Well I'm still on the bench. But I do my thing and I don't judge the way others celebrate his "birth". If you believe in goodness, you're celebrating the spirit no matter what your religion is. I really don't get why people feel the need to announce the their whole opinion of "christness". Who cares? Do what feels right to you. That's what it's all about.

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
5 moms liked this

Happy Hanukkah, Happy Yule, Merry Christmas, Merry Chrismas, Merry X-mas, Happy Festivus, Happy Kwanzaa, & Happy Holidays to you too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN