Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Angry scientist finds an uneducated internet comment and delivers an epic response...

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

There have been plenty of other scientists and doctors to come out publically and clearly disagree with this immunologist.

The research studies that support vaccinations are funded by the same people that manufacture them!

But for anyone to come out and say these are no good, even harmful, run the gamut of losing public credibility and being ridiculed, with no benefit to their being honest...except that they've done the right thing.

cathygymboree
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM

A bunch of dumbheads.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
8 moms liked this

Wow, this group turned into MC in a hurry!  LOL

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
ANYWAY, OP. Sorry to accidentally hijack your post with asinine shit.

I found this blip to be amusing. I do what works for me, I'm kind of in the delay and forego boat (I'm actually a little bummed the person I orginially quoted didn't reply). But I think the passion people have in both camps is credible.
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Well everyone is allowed their opinion. I don't think either side wins when they act like asses, use fear factors and try and force their opinion on others. That is always the wrong way to go about things in my opinion.
ahappymommy
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

We delay vaxed! At 18 months my son got a polio shot, I brought him home and he collapsed, he couldnt feel his legs! He was paralyzed! He did get feeling back, but he has extremely weak legs, he cannot run, he cannot jump, he struggles to walk long distances, he usually ends up in his Hugo chair! All of this caused by a vaccine. He hasnt had a vaccine sense and any other children we get wont be vaccinated. He is 9 now and was also diagnosed with autism, I dont know if it was vaccine caused or not, but it seems to me that these shots did more harm than good!

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Most of what he said I do believe is true. I can't get on the ball game that everyone should have vaccines or that any of them specifically cause autism. It's something that keeps going back and forth in terms of the autism debate... Some scientists find there is a link and others don't. I think there's many factors indicated and that scientists need to focus on some sort of system of assessing kids' risk factors... And that's all risk factors of developing autism and risk factors of being infected and weighing what is best for each child individually. Those kids that can't get vaccines will be in danger no matter. I see both sides of the vax and non-vax argument, and I know for m family there's no factors so far that would make me think twice about getting the vaccines... But we also travel from America to Japan and being en route with people from all over the world makes me feel that the vaccines are good for my kids and myself. They haven't had any serious side effects though other than my second son had a harder time with them... He got his 2 month round of immunizations which caused the area around the injection site to swell a lot, be feverish in the area and it was very tender for him. I couldn't move him at all for several hours afterward... I could only hold him if he was nursing because he would just cry and cry otherwise... So I would nurse him then put him in his swing so his legs wouldn't move. The next day he was all better, and his fever never got bad enough to need any medicines. That is enough to make me think about delaying a few with my next one coming... But I will likely just get them on time since we will be PCSing back to the states just a couple months after he's born.

I'm a very to each their own kind of person when it comes to parenting haha.

Quoting rfhsure: Eh, well, bygones. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she's probably not that nasty in person.

On another note, what did you think about the original post itself? While were here, may as well discuss it as intended!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: I feel like I vaguely recognize her sn, but nothing I remember specifically. She's not a "new member" so she must have posted in here before. Maybe she just needs some sleep right now or something idk lol!

Quoting rfhsure: Well the first thing she asked is if I would understand if someone else told me. Yet she never said anything regarding. my reply so she was very unclear about what she was trying to say. Apparently me asking for clarification was upsetting? Then she was just in attack mode. But her saying the post was 'about autism' and 'not about me' is where she went of the deep end lol. Somebody had tiiiii many martoonis! Lol its fine. I appreciate you coming to my defense anyway! I don't recognize her son though. I'm interested to see what kind of replies she makes to other posts in the future.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: It really wasn't relevant to what you asked the next poster... She just got pissed that it was a pro-vax picture and decided anyone and everyone should be attacked instead of debating logically on the picture. And now we are all dumb heads to her because we think she's nuts lol.

Quoting rfhsure: Eh. That's what I figured. I don't know why she quoted me to begin with. I don't know what relevance her first reply had to the question I asked.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: Ah yes. Well either way she's coming off more and more nutty by not simply explaining what she meant in her first response. Instead of attacking you it would have been just as easy to explain herself so it would be easier to understand her first comment.

Quoting rfhsure: Oh no, she's insinuating I'm stupid for being immensely confused by literally everything she has said in this post.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: She's stupid for asking which vaccines they're skipping or delaying? That sure makes you sound smart<---- note the sarcasm font

Quoting cathygymboree:

Quoting rfhsure: What? Your replies do not make any sense.

Quoting cathygymboree:

Quoting rfhsure: Which vaccines are.you forgoing?

Quoting momma-moo: My so has a phd in immunology and pathology of infectious diseases, and we decided to delay and be very selective to vaccinations. This "immunologist" is a nutcase.

Will you understand if she tells you?

Are you positive that you aren't just stupid?

pixie92
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Wait when did this post become about autism? Also when did she try to make the post about her? All she did was ask someone a question. Maybe you should wake up your husband first, that is if he still lives there. Being insulting is not the best way to behave but I don't mind being rude back to someone who has repeatedly been rude to another for no reason.

Quoting cathygymboree:

Quoting rfhsure: Are you positive you actually read your first reply before posting it?

Quoting cathygymboree:

Quoting rfhsure: What? Your replies do not make any sense.

Quoting cathygymboree:

Quoting rfhsure: Which vaccines are.you forgoing?

Quoting momma-moo: My so has a phd in immunology and pathology of infectious diseases, and we decided to delay and be very selective to vaccinations. This "immunologist" is a nutcase.

Will you understand if she tells you?

Are you positive that you aren't just stupid?

This post is about children and autism.

It's not about you.

You may need to go do something else for a while.

Wake your husband up if he still lives there.

Aestas
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM
3 moms liked this

So I guess you didn't catch the "aluminium" and the "End of." which are both hints that the scientist is quite possibly not American.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

That so called scientist is a nutcase. I guess someone forgot to tell him that most countries (including I believe all English speaking ones) do not vaccinate against TB. Going by the spelling and syntax, I'm guessing both the OP and the "scientist" are America.

babie113
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:19 AM
I was born in England and was vaccinated against tb and knew a girl who contracted it in Pakistan and died of it .

Quoting sha_lyn68:

That so called scientist is a nutcase. I guess someone forgot to tell him that most countries (including I believe all English speaking ones) do not vaccinate against TB. Going by the spelling and syntax, I'm guessing both the OP and the "scientist" are America.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)