Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Angry scientist finds an uneducated internet comment and delivers an epic response...

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup.

Carl Sagan said in his last interview that his fear for the future was that the people in power will be uneducated and will misuse technology. I think this is a legitimate fear and would enlarge it to say that if the masses are uneducated, we will be at the mercy of hate groups, superstitions and fearmongering.

supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Eating trans fat before and during pregnancy and feeding it to toddlers may cause or at least exacerbate autism. The brain is mostly fat and the body will use trans fatty acids in place of normal cis fatty acids.

Quoting cathygymboree:

Don't dare tell me what doesn't until you tell me what does cause it.

YOU choose between measles or loosing your kid down a black hole.

You pick for me !  Sitting there without a fucking worry about it and tell me to choose.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

It's a fascinating field and a very difficult one!! Congrats mama on having such a bright son :)

Quoting momma-moo: My so has a phd in immunology and pathology of infectious diseases, and we decided to delay and be very selective to vaccinations. This "immunologist" is a nutcase.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Well he did say "Mum led war". Americans generally say mom not mum. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

That so called scientist is a nutcase. I guess someone forgot to tell him that most countries (including I believe all English speaking ones) do not vaccinate against TB. Going by the spelling and syntax, I'm guessing both the OP and the "scientist" are America.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Awww, I am so sorry that happened. How scary that must have been for him and you. :(

Quoting ahappymommy:

We delay vaxed! At 18 months my son got a polio shot, I brought him home and he collapsed, he couldnt feel his legs! He was paralyzed! He did get feeling back, but he has extremely weak legs, he cannot run, he cannot jump, he struggles to walk long distances, he usually ends up in his Hugo chair! All of this caused by a vaccine. He hasnt had a vaccine sense and any other children we get wont be vaccinated. He is 9 now and was also diagnosed with autism, I dont know if it was vaccine caused or not, but it seems to me that these shots did more harm than good!

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
We don't vaccinate against TB. The guy is either full of shit or not the brightest bulb in the box himself.
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Of which I already said in a reply that I noticed after posting the below quote that you posted.

Quoting fireangel5:

Well he did say "Mum led war". Americans generally say mom not mum. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

That so called scientist is a nutcase. I guess someone forgot to tell him that most countries (including I believe all English speaking ones) do not vaccinate against TB. Going by the spelling and syntax, I'm guessing both the OP and the "scientist" are America.

jllcali
by Jane on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM
He did say it was an alcohol induced rant. I wonder if he was trying to make a tie in to the overuse of antibiotics (with the TB comment) but failed miserably.

Quoting quickbooksworm: We don't vaccinate against TB. The guy is either full of shit or not the brightest bulb in the box himself.
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Son? She said her so. SO stands for significant other.

Quoting fireangel5:

It's a fascinating field and a very difficult one!! Congrats mama on having such a bright son :)

Quoting momma-moo: My so has a phd in immunology and pathology of infectious diseases, and we decided to delay and be very selective to vaccinations. This "immunologist" is a nutcase.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

The message could have been delivered better. IMO< professionals do themselves, their message and their field a disservice when they curse during an attempt to educate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)