Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Angry scientist finds an uneducated internet comment and delivers an epic response...

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Replies (71-76):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Looking4Truth:

This so-called immunologist criticized the other person's spelling, and yet he or she didn't use proper grammar themselves.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Anyway, it is the parent's decision whether or not to get their child vaccinated.  If they choose to, fine....and if they choose not to, fine, just as long as they don't ever send their sick child to school.  Anyway, my kids received all the vaccinations they were supposed to have and nothing bad ever happened to them.

I think you may have missed the specific reason he was pointing out those spelling errors, and you might have also missed out on the negative consequences of not vaccinating.  It is more involved than just keeping sick kids home from school.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sending ill children to school goes both ways. I've seen plenty of those who allow vaccinations send ill children to school.  I don't care if one allows vaccinations or not, if one's child/children isn't feeling well, has a bad cold, seems ill or is ill, keep them home.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, no professional writes in that unprofessional way. 

Looking4Truth
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Well, I do know that by not vaccinating your kids you are taking an enormous risk with their health, but I really never gave a thought to any other consequences besides that.  I'm glad I had my girls vaccinated, and they have had their kids vaccinated as well, but boy there are definitely some women here who are adamantly against vaccination, and I really don't understand why.  Anyway about my spelling comment, I was just pointing out that the scientist shouldn't be criticizing the other guy for his spelling if his isn't perfect either.  I know it has nothing to do with the subject though.  It just amazes me though how many times I see stuff like this happen where one person is jumping all over someone else for doing just what they're doing.  Oh well, none of us are perfect, right! hahaha  Thank you for your comment though.  You reminded me that there is much more to this than what I stated.  :)

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting Looking4Truth:

This so-called immunologist criticized the other person's spelling, and yet he or she didn't use proper grammar themselves.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Anyway, it is the parent's decision whether or not to get their child vaccinated.  If they choose to, fine....and if they choose not to, fine, just as long as they don't ever send their sick child to school.  Anyway, my kids received all the vaccinations they were supposed to have and nothing bad ever happened to them.

I think you may have missed the specific reason he was pointing out those spelling errors, and you might have also missed out on the negative consequences of not vaccinating.  It is more involved than just keeping sick kids home from school.

thinkatank
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Will a crack dealer tell you cracking is bad for you? Mercury is not safe for humans in any form or fashion. 

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/dumbing-down-society-pt-2-mercury-in-foods-and-vaccines/

4happykids4me
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Idiotic rant.  And if this is a scientist, then they should know their own field better ...

A true scientist would know that no vaccine has ever be subject to a real review (double blind study), in fact no vaccine can be truly tested as that would involve giving the participants in the study a disease - which is not allowed in medical trials. 

In fact if you actually read the product monographs put out by the vaccine manufacturers with their product, the possible side effects listed are LONG - so yes, there are people - adults and children that will suffer adverse effects from vaccines.  And no one really knows if vaccines cause autism or not - because, you guessed it, there has not been a proper study done.

Anyone who cares to investigate should read the product monographs and read the actual studies that are referred to.  Who did the study?  How many people were involved? And what kind of people - men, women, children?  Who paid for the study?  This will be eye opening in itself.  Would you trust a drug that was only tested on a 100 people - all adults, all healthy and all men?  Many drugs are screened and reviewed and put out on the market, only to be recalled a decade or two later for harming too many people. 

Look at the stat's yourself - as stat's can be used to make an argument either way ... sad that we have to do this ourselves, but this is what it has come to ...  whatever you decide, decide in an educated way ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)