Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Nun Recovering After Rape, Assault in Church Parking Lot

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

Nun Recovering After Rape, Assault in Church Parking Lot

Monday, Dec 16, 2013  |  Updated 6:47 PM EST
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

Nun Recovering After Rape, Assault

Getty Images

advertisement

Police say a retired nun who was assaulted and raped in the parking lot of a Pennsylvania church has been released from the hospital.

Authorities say the 85-year-old nun was attacked Friday morning in an Aliquippa church parking lot, and she was taken to an area hospital with a broken jaw. The unidentified member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden was released Sunday and is expected to make a full recovery. That's about 25 miles north of Pittsburgh.

Eighteen-year-old Andrew Bullock is being held in the Beaver County jail, unable to post bond. He's facing charges including rape and aggravated assault. Investigators say Bullock's boots matched a footprint in the snow from the scene.

Court records don't list an attorney for Bullock.

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:42 AM

a boot print in the snow...near the scene...is the evidence?

poor nun....on sacred ground and no god around :-(

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:43 AM
That sucks. I hope someone finds out what he did. It's not nice I'll admit but sometimes I think a little revenge is warranted.
Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill: That sucks. I hope someone finds out what he did. It's not nice I'll admit but sometimes I think a little revenge is warranted.

Revenge for what?  What did this 85 year old woman  do to him?

Aestas
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:10 AM

This is so not the point of the post, but: "retired nun"? I thought becoming a nun was usually a forever kind of a thing? Or do they mean she became a nun after retiring from something else?

I'm glad they caught her attacker, and I hope she recovers well, both physically and emotionally. No one deserves to be raped, ever.

Aestas
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Quoting Bonnie_:

Quoting AdrianneHill: That sucks. I hope someone finds out what he did. It's not nice I'll admit but sometimes I think a little revenge is warranted.

She's saying she hopes someone in prison finds out he's a rapist and rapes him back. I don't agree with her because, like I said, no one deserves to be raped, not even rapists. And more rape doesn't seem like the answer to ending rape. But anyway, she wasn't saying the woman deserved anything.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Revenge against him. For what he did to her.

Quoting Bonnie_:

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Quoting Aestas:

This is so not the point of the post, but: "retired nun"? I thought becoming a nun was usually a forever kind of a thing? Or do they mean she became a nun after retiring from something else?

I'm glad they caught her attacker, and I hope she recovers well, both physically and emotionally. No one deserves to be raped, ever.

Some  nuns are teachers,   some  work in health  care,  some work in orphanages.   When they get to old  to perform their duties they retire.  Just  like when a priest  gets too  old to  celebrate the mass he retires.  Some go to  nursing  homes   where they are cared for  by other  nuns  some go to regular nursing  homes when they get   to where they need more care.

They are still nuns and  priests.  Just retired.  Not  to be  confused  with  'former'  which  is when  they  leave the  the clergy.

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill: Revenge against him. For what he did to her.

Quoting Bonnie_:

Ohhh ok  lol.  

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I wasn't really thinking of rape. Chances are he'll be segregated with other sexual offenders so the rape reaction won't be so strong. There is likely a Catholic lad who has fond memories of a particular nun and I hope he beats the crap out of him.

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting Bonnie_:

She's saying she hopes someone in prison finds out he's a rapist and rapes him back. I don't agree with her because, like I said, no one deserves to be raped, not even rapists. And more rape doesn't seem like the answer to ending rape. But anyway, she wasn't saying the woman deserved anything.

Aestas
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Quoting Bonnie_:

Quoting Aestas:

Some  nuns are teachers,   some  work in health  care,  some work in orphanages.   When they get to old  to perform their duties they retire.  Just  like when a priest  gets too  old to  celebrate the mass he retires.  Some go to  nursing  homes   where they are cared for  by other  nuns  some go to regular nursing  homes when they get   to where they need more care.

They are still nuns and  priests.  Just retired.  Not  to be  confused  with  'former'  which  is when  they  leave the  the clergy.

Oh! That makes sense. I feel silly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)